Stealing Beauty From a Larkspur This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She tried to steal the larkspur's beauty for herself,
And plucked its pink petals with greedy pleasure,
But when she held the velvet petals in her hand,
She frowned and threw them in the air ­frustrated;
She had not managed to strip the larkspur of its beauty.
Where the larkspur got such bloom,
She would ask if it would tell,
But its beauty is a secret,
The larkspur won't spill.

Basketball23 said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 6:14 pm:
I love everything about this!  The secretivity and beautifulness is phenomenal!!!

AidanR. said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 11:24 am:

This is a great poem!  I can't really go into any more detail; I always find it hard to critique poetry, but I liked this, anyways.

Just wondering, but how long was it from when this was published online to when they notified you it would be in the print magazine?  And does it have to do with ratings or comments, or is it just an editorial decision?

Thanks!

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:25 am :

I had no idea that this was going to be published. Honestly, it was a poem that I wrote and it wasn't my best but I figured I would sumbit it anyway because I took the time to write it. Suddenly, I got the notice one day that I was going to be published.It had no coments and no ratings until it was published.  It had been some time since it had been approved by the editors and posted on the website. I'm not sure how they choose work that goes into the magazine because a lot of the magazi... (more »)

insaneprincess said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:12 pm:
1 word: Beautiful 

LinaLina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2010 at 11:45 am:

If this were Facebook, I'd click "Like".

Gotta agree, it resembles a fairytale: a common object made magical. And by fairytale, I mean the original, dark kind with jealousy and ugliness and hate and death and no twits that sit in towers waving their hands around for a guy to rescue them and to live Happily Ever After. I mean the good kind.

Allaboutlyf said...
May 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm:
This is beautiful! I'm terrible writing any kind of peoms and most of the time, I have a hard time even understanding them! so, I definately appreciate anyone who can make poems enjoyable to read yet still be able to keep the elegance of the ideal poem! I enjoyed reading this!

~MidnightAngel~ said...
This is really good. It kind a reaminds me of a Grims Fairy Tale.:-)