Nothing

Is it possible to have less than nothing? If you see me, Or even know me you would think that I have everything, I don't. And those who think they know me, Can't. What I am is fake, I put up a wall, And block out everyone. I put on a face every morning. I don't mean makeup, I mean that I pretend to be something I'm not. People see me as a happy person, But they can't see whats underneath. Behind my perfect seeming life my world is coming down around me. My leash has been pulled to tight, And is held together by a single thread. One wrong move and everything will be lost, And I will be gone.

Robkingett This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I just have to say one thing and one thing only. This is a powerful punch, especially the slap at the end. We never look and see the other side to things like this. sometimes, it makes me had I'm blind you know? Now, being gay….. god! By the way, that was a true story… caught…. I was picked on a lot of the time because of my shabby clothes and messed up hair…. Books were my friends, but that soon changed later on in hgh school…. Sigh. Life is good, isn't i... (more »)

Lovebug07 replied...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 2:08 am
Yea life can be good, lol but ive found lately that it can be hard. Which is actually what got me writing. Sometimes I dontdon't know how to deal so I write. I use to be made fun of for different reasons. I didnt like books then and had no friends lol but now I love books :) And thanks so much for the comments you made, means a lot. Still absolutely love your work btw

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I love the way you've written this. I can totally relate - I have a poem a lot like this one - maybe you could check it out? It's called Overwhelming Blue. Thanks and keep it up!

Lily14 said...
This is so true. You really did a good job putting it into words.

Lovebug07 replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 12:43 am
Thanks.. that means alot :) lol you should check out some more of my work.. I would love to hear wat you think about it.

Robkingett This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...