Stupid Book

Stupid book,
I can't put you down
As you have
Continually
Entranced me with your words
So crisp and clear,
So black and white
And heart-wrenching as I
Entwine
Within the characters themselves,
As I feel their pain,
Their sorrow,
Their love.

Stupid book,
You made me cry,
You made me laugh,
You made me smile,
And now I don't know whether I am
Me or Her
Or possibly Him.
Your point of view has murdered me,
I have built up a tolerance and the
Withdrawal
Is horrifying.
Please, never end.
I need my high.

Violetrosered said...
Bulls eye right on the middle dot ^_^ its great and well put togther i luv reading and u just described all of it perfect keep writing 5 stars ( i hate wen a book ends especialy if thers not a series or the ending is open)

MercedesXO said...
i lovee this. i am literally obsessed with reading and writing. i'm addicted to books and you couldn't have put it into words in any greater way. nice work:) id love for you to check out my poem Torturer of a King, and tell me what you think, or any of my other poetry aswell.

alwayskelley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
love it! i know how how you feel!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aww thanks so much :) Is there anything of yours that you would like me to check out?

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is great. I can really understand this-not that I'm an avid reader or anything but hey, 5 stars captain, 5 stars.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Seelix said...
I loved this poem; it defiantly describes what people (should) feel when they are reading a great book. Good job=)

Thank you so much, that is definately what I was aiming for :) Is there anything of yours that you would like me to read/comment? I'd be happy to do it :)