Stupid Book

Stupid book,
I can't put you down
As you have
Continually
Entranced me with your words
So crisp and clear,
So black and white
And heart-wrenching as I
Entwine
Within the characters themselves,
As I feel their pain,
Their sorrow,
Their love.

Stupid book,
You made me cry,
You made me laugh,
You made me smile,
And now I don't know whether I am
Me or Her
Or possibly Him.
Your point of view has murdered me,
I have built up a tolerance and the
Withdrawal
Is horrifying.
Please, never end.
I need my high.

Violetrosered said...
Bulls eye right on the middle dot ^_^ its great and well put togther i luv reading and u just described all of it perfect keep writing 5 stars ( i hate wen a book ends especialy if thers not a series or the ending is open)

MercedesXO said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 12:46 pm:
i lovee this. i am literally obsessed with reading and writing. i'm addicted to books and you couldn't have put it into words in any greater way. nice work:) id love for you to check out my poem Torturer of a King, and tell me what you think, or any of my other poetry aswell.

alwayskelley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 7:36 pm:
love it! i know how how you feel!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 30, 2010 at 9:54 pm :
Aww thanks so much :) Is there anything of yours that you would like me to check out?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 9:32 pm:
this is great. I can really understand this-not that I'm an avid reader or anything but hey, 5 stars captain, 5 stars.

May 10, 2010 at 9:57 pm :
Thanks so much!!!!!

Seelix said...
May 7, 2010 at 9:17 pm:
I loved this poem; it defiantly describes what people (should) feel when they are reading a great book. Good job=)

May 10, 2010 at 9:57 pm :
Thank you so much, that is definately what I was aiming for :) Is there anything of yours that you would like me to read/comment? I'd be happy to do it :)