(Life is) Thinking

Sinking deep into
these lifeless pages
Make me think this is for real.
What’s left of this
place I call life,
Is rearranging, on me.

Oh now let’s not get to guessing
It only rearranges,
Life itself rearranges.
There’s no use in trying to act now
What you’re mistaking for the madman
Is me.

The walls are coming
down with a quickness
I’m coming down with an illness
I wouldn’t believe if I hadn’t bore witness
This is not the way
I thought it would be

Though not alone, I’m lonely inside
These images don’t do it for me
It seems life itself is going mad
Yes, it rearranges on me.

Now that the truth is uncovered
Life no loner changes,
But the truth rearranges.
Take a good look at my face
And take one look at the madman
…It’s me.

The walls are coming
down with a quickness
Life itself coming
down with an illness
Life is not the way
I thought it would be
Life is coming over me.

Aderes18 said...

Sometimes I feel like this when everything I thought was true turned out to be a lie. 

This is one of my favorites of yours, Boosflash. Love it!

. replied...
Really? Another parody actually. Thats why it doesnt seem to- MERCI CAPTAIN!!!

DreamWriter15 said...
I love this, it's very deep and meaninful...

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:16 am
i guess this should've been under song lyrics. but i dindt see a disturbed-down with the sickness-paraody section. they really should be more specific. well, i guess it doesnt really matter.

DreamWriter15 replied...
I agree, some things on here are just too limited ;)

yeah, like: a poetry website. because i've read some stuff on here and I was like, are you serious? that wasn't a poem, it was a paragraph.

DreamWriter15 replied...
exactly, though I may have been guilty of putting a limerick in the songs section...

i put everything under freeverse, some of it-not really free verse. the ones who aren't imperfect are just idiots. you're no idiot captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:58 am
Well, no one's perfect O.o

exactly, so now you dont have to be an idiot.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Yes!  I LOVE not being an idiot!  It happens on rare occasion...

Jul. 1, 2010 at 3:08 am
if you want, you can paste me to your curtains and shoot couch legs at me when you want me to warn you of when your actions get out of hand.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:22 am
Well, my mother would freak if she saw your freaky smiley face on my curtains, plus the two sisters I share it with would complain that it would give them nightmares, and dad would flip is I was throwing couch legs (where am I supposed to get THOSE) at anything other than the floor........maybe i'll stick to having idiot moment reminders on Teen Ink

(this is what happens when you think from a logical standpoint) how are we going to conversate if you view my words from a logical standpoint? dont copy and paste the stupid smiley face. use me captain. just throw me up there, i'm sure i can hang.

DreamWriter15 replied...
I'm sorry, I'm a literal person!  And, again, I was just being funny, I knew what you meant, though I find it quite hard to hang you up there when I can't remember one Teen Ink post from the other...

Jul. 3, 2010 at 11:58 am
all you need is my body. you're hilarious captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Well, considering you consist of only a head, it would be kind of hard to need your body...wouldn't it?

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:23 am
reread me captain. you dont need the stupid smiley face. all you need is me. hang me on the wall so i can tell you when you're being an idiot. this has to do with nothing the stupid post, and smiley face. reread me captain. reread me....

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:28 am
Alright, whatever, but I warn you, the paint's peeling, and there are holes in the wall, so you may have to shout some times...

hmm...okay, well, tell me about your furniture...