The Wall | Teen Ink

The Wall

November 4, 2009
By miriam SILVER, Skokie, Illinois
miriam SILVER, Skokie, Illinois
9 articles 0 photos 20 comments

the ivory bricks fall into place as the leaves and the vines twist along the newly formed wall. the force with which they move themselves is confident and precise, as the years build up and the times begin to change. over the top of the wall he glares down at me and sees something familiar, not yet realizing that it is that assumption that makes the bricks move faster and the vines grow tighter. it is with great regret and with even greater irony that the wall grows higher and higher. with the force he uses he will soon cause the dust to move and one small brick to slowly slide out of its place falling to the ground with what he hopes is a crash. to him it may be, but to me it will not matter. my back will be turned, the wall seen out of the corner of my eye, as i tuck my hair back behind my ear. i will look up and see my life around me and realize the beauty in decisions, and the consequence they bring. for while i have seen the consequence of the wrong decision many a time, i smile to myself as i begin to feel the consequence of one that is good. and i look to the future and hope that many more of those will find their way to me. or perhaps, as i should say, i should find my way to them.