Defiant Leaves

Though fall has painted
the leaves red and yellow,
and sucked the life from their
now brittle corpses that litter the
packed earth,
a few bright green leaves,
still full of life,
cling bravely to bare grey branches,
tangled together
in a tiny patch of trees and bushes,
defying the crisp cool air,
and the undeniable approach of
Winter.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked this poem a lot, it has emotion painted within the words that you chose.  very descriptive and focused.  I like the way you depict the fight against darkness so easily, and how you put it into metophorical terms, it speaks loudly and passionately.  Five of Five. 

ReneetheGreat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 11:15 am
This is awesome! I love it!! You should check out some of my new work :D

CoLdEsTNiGhTs said...
love this poem it is very descriptive :)

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:16 am
I LOVE THIS. So beautiful and creative! Check out my work if you want I love feedback!

IgniteTheAirwaves This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really, really liked this.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 21, 2009 at 10:49 am
Beautiful!

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really liked it, it painted such an image in my head.

bluemagnet22 said...
Wow great poem

Hallow said...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 am
I love the personification. Wonderful.

cyanidecaleph said...
Wow. This poem is amazing! 5 out of 5 totally! I love poetry about nature. You're use of words is beyond amazing. If you would like, come check out some of mine. I think you'll really enjoy them. Thanks!

Veritytrue said...
Very nice! It's simple, but very well written. Good imagery and word choice. Keep up the good work!