Just Once More

My life slipped farther and farther as the needle pierced my skin, my thoughts flew higher and higher as the remedy settled in, my conscience left waiting impatiently at the door, yelling to me 'get a grip' when my mind tells me just once more. Ill stop tomorrow I promise, I swear. Just one more night me and the drug I think i might be in love. I'm stuck in this haze. I'm gone , my future is running away, running from this mess Ive created of my life left me here to suffer what Ive begun, to face the monster that I am.

Call_Me_Aria This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:00 am
I am such a huge fan of Josh Ramsay, and I'm actually currently working on a fanfic of his time in rehab :D I think he's super inspiring and so is his story. I also think you managed to capture the rush of feelings and emotions of that hit, and the way that Josh convinced himself he would stop tomorrow, but, never really could until his parents pushed him. The last line "face the monster that I am" was really acurate too, because Ramsay himself even says that he was "half ... (more »)

Dragonscribe said...

I like it - even though it is scary! It's so sad when people die of drug abuse, especially celebrities because so many people follow their example. 

And yes, I am the same person who criticized your romance piece. Sorry, it was my true opinion, but I could have been more constructive with that criticism. I apologize for that, and really like this piece.

Please check out my work!

romance_lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
no worries . im not much of a romance writer i guess .. thanks for the criticizm . i think its made me a better writer .

Angie.O said...

Ooo first comment! :)

I like it! Its kinda scary yet exciting to read. Nice! Read some of mine? "One year Anniversary" is good

I Loved It (: Your Quite The Talented Writer ! Keep It Up .