When it Rains This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

When it rains
It washes away
What’s wet and what
The wetness stained
And drowns what came
To cause me pain
And keep me up
All night and day
And possibly take
My life away
19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane
And when it rains
It tells the day
No one can come out to play
And that makes the sun say
“I must now dry up the day
And save whats left to be saved”.
And when I look
I have to say
That what I see I can’t explain
What was flooded yesterday
Is now completely drained
And when I say
The sun has came
To shine its rays
On my troubled face
And liven what relentless rain
Had no remorse and washed away
-19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane.

abbadoo said...
The structure of your poem is surreal! I liked the way the lines kind of stuck together.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm :
Waaaaaaaa. Really? No kiddin! Thx so much fer commentating captain. I wish the lines in all my poems would do that.

happyagain said...
May 30, 2012 at 11:52 pm:
It's so amazing! Please keep writing...

Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:30 pm :
You are the bestessess. Thanks for commentating.

lucasloveswriting said...
May 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm:
i think this was a really well-written and intresting poem. some people said that they didn't understand it, but i liked not understanding it completely. i flowed nicely and i loved it even though i didn't completley get it. really good job. and i love the title, it drew me in :)

May 31, 2012 at 5:07 pm :
Merci tres beaucoup, my beloved.

maddyhatterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

sniff sniff tear beautiful ;)

GabrielleC said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm:
I could say this poem is stupid but it's not. It's nice and kept me reading. To be honest it was hard to understand but I read it a couple of times and I like it. :)

Feb. 29, 2012 at 7:15 pm :
Hmmm...u could say this poem is stupid but its not. That is THE stupidest thing ive ever heard. Now I know how people must feel when they talk to me. Have we met before? U remind me of some part of me that im not conscious of. Thanks for the comment...buddy.

Aderes18 said...
I don't like this interpretation on rain. Sorry! 

. replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 7:58 pm :
Maybe thats because its not about rain.sorry.

featherssss said...
May 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm:
this is such a good poem, i enjoyed reading it. good job(:

May 13, 2011 at 5:58 pm :
woooowwww.a comment!yay! merci tres bien captain.fait ta danse. i am so loving your inputism. howd you stumble accross this?

HateKnuckle replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:38 pm :
Why do you submit yourself to so much nonsense? It serves no function and merely makes reading more frustrating. This is making me hate all abstractions now. This is not about your poetry(although there may be some works of yours I haven't read that make no sense)but more about your comments. Just because some things in the world don't make sense means that you need to start doing the same?

. replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 6:54 pm :
Maybe someone on this sweet beloved earth could tell me what this guy is talking about and why he hates knuckles?

tornado replied...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm :
no one knows...

HateKnuckle replied...
Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:06 pm :
A year later and I now have no idea why I posted that. I love this poem now even though I still have trouble understanding it exactly. I realize it was kinda harsh and I apologize for that. If I can't like it for underastnding it then I can love it for the sounds and rhythm and try to make sense of it literally.

IamtheStargirl said...
This seems beautiful and random, I can't quite get my head around it. I guess that's what I've been meaning to say...

Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm :
thanks again for commentating. you have a very interesting way of interpreting poetry. merci captain.

IamtheStargirl replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:37 pm :
I do? <Mild befuddlement>

Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:50 pm :
"this seems beautiful"-were talking about soldiers banging on someones window pain. let us in AAAAHHHHH! "oh no! they're trying to kill me!".....