Come and Get Down This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In these days you come like the weather
Always so quick to slaughter an umbrella
Yet here we are and here we’ll stand
Something short of a marching band
How we speak and how we sing
Has nothing on your cavalry
How we come and where we go
No one cares because no one knows
In your mind and out of sight
Like a phobia in the night
We are all confused and baffled
O do we dare prepare for battle?
Although I can honestly say
That I survived your ruthless ways
When standing together as team
We only won half the victory
From where you came and where you’ll go
Everyone desperately wants to know
Even though we are reaching out
We dare not emerge from the crowd
Because all our hope and all our dreams
Are slowly stretching from the cheese
So all the ones that dare lay wake
Are like the toast on your wretched plate
Waiting to be put to sleep
By the dreadful tune of marching feet
Of your armies’ perfect timing
Stretching out across the horizon
Like a phobia in the night
In your mind but not in sight
All stand confused and baffled
Look who dares prepare for battle
How you came and where you’ll go
We don’t ask ‘cause we all know
How you speak and how you sing
Something like a cavalry
Here you are and here you’ll stand
Something short of a marching band.

Aderes18 said...
The first lines didn't quite grab me(they confused me too much so I didn't keep up reading. Sorry! 

DreamWriter15 said...
I LOVE YOUR REFERENCE TO MARCHING BAND!!!!  ...it makes me happy :)  The rest isn't too bad, either, but anything that has marching band in it is good.  (I'm sorry the comments have been getting vague, but as you probably noticed, I've been commenting on everything, and you can only say a thing so many times)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:23 am
yep. i've been through spain, italy, boston, walmart, the bayou,-and i've seen your face just about everywhere....i just realized, the marching and sort of represents catastrophe or tragedy. about it think.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Ah....well, I've been to Indiana and Florida and that's about it, but I love marching band so...

oh, i was lying about all that, but i have been to walmart. very nice place. very nice. it sort of has a romantic feel to it.....

DreamWriter15 replied...
Walmart would be a great place....if I had any money

........................................

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:52 am
what's that for?

thats for the aspect of stealing that I wont get into.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, I don't steal, it's overrated!

Jul. 1, 2010 at 3:06 am
hence the dot period things.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:23 am
ahm.......were you saying that you thought I stole or....that you didn't or did think that would be an option......or that I should probably get a job so that I could have enough money  to go spend a day at Wal Mart?

the last line is what you were saying. i'm saying that you could just steal. thats what the dots were for. they were also simultaneuosly representing how i was mentioning stealing but not suggesting it.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, you remind me of my friends, telling me the possibilities when they know I won't do it, but when I confront them, they say "Well, I was only suggesting it..."

Jul. 3, 2010 at 11:59 am
thats why i say i was only mentioning it. you cant confrontientate me captain :]

DreamWriter15 replied...
I do what I like, to whom I like, when I like, and whyever the heck I like, muchos gracias!

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:27 am
how do i remind you of your friends when i'm MENTIONING it? what are you confronting us about? i didnt say you could steal, i said it was possible. i wasnt saying you didnt have the right to confront me. i dont care about what you do and when you do it. i was saying it would be pointless cause i didnt tell you to steal. reread yourself captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:28 am
I know, I'm just giving you a hard time ;)

you're really good at that, though it could just be the salt. i'll always be with you captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 12:08 am
[Great, I've been befriended by a creepy smiley face] ;)