Ten-Strike Mountain

I remember Ten-Strike Mountain
For its huge snow covered peaks
Its massive body reached for miles
-it was a marvelous sight to see.
I remember the thick forests
That covered half the mountain side
The man cut the forest down
Only to grow back twice as high
I remember the many streams
That winded and twined into rivers
They formed hot springs in July
And huge ice rinks in December
I remember the many caves
That ran hundreds of miles deep
This meant a place to rest in shade
Or a bear waking from his sleep
I remember Ten-strike Mountain
-the widest mountain range
I recall when I first went
And why I’ll never go again.

Aderes18 said...

Reminds me of Yellowstone National Park

(even though I've never been there) 

Boosflash replied...
This is the most positive amd uplifting thing I ever wrote-

Aderes47 replied...
I agree, but it still seems a little bleak. "And why I'll never go again."

. replied...
Oh no no. wrong poem. I was talking about some side north of the mountain,thats what I thought this was. in the last line of this one I got struck by lightning,thats why Ill never go again.

Aderes47 replied...
Oh, ok. Which poem are you thinking of then? Anyway, about this poem, it's still beautiful but it has a dark side to it.

. replied...
I just told u woman

DreamWriter15 said...
I like this, for some reason it reminds me of Marengo Cave, though I don't know why, since I'd like to go again....I love it!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:27 am
is that some place where they, oh never mind. its about this person that went on vacation to their favorite place and they got struck by lightning ten times.

DreamWriter15 replied...
ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....didn't see THAT coming....

ten-strike mountain=ten strikes of lightning on a mountain, hence the statement, why i'll never go again. I know you should never take my writing literally, but on rare occasions, it is quite literal.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, I'm a very literal person

that decribes the barrier between us. feel free to understand me through the stainglass window.

DreamWriter15 replied...
I like stainglass windows, they put things in a whole different perspective

Jul. 1, 2010 at 2:54 am
perhaps that is why you cant see me captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:32 am
I can see you, but I'm not sure if what I see is really you, because the shapes and colors swirl reality around until i'm not sure what is real and what is fantasy, and then I try again, and it's a different picture every time...

i think maybe were talking about interchangeable stainglass windows, or rain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Stained glass windows, still, and I wrote a poem inspired by it...

ou est-il, captain?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Perdoname?

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:54 am
okay...let me try this in english. where is the poem/ i mean realy? how hard is it to rediscover the google translator.you cant speak my language and expect me to have the slightest idea of what youre talking about because i dont fully understand what i'm saying. i cant take the time to comprehend us both-captain.