Endless Atempts | Teen Ink

Endless Atempts

By athenabrittany BRONZE, Maxie, Virginia
athenabrittany BRONZE, Maxie, Virginia

♥I Am Me, In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me everything that comes out of me is authentically mine because i alone choose it--I own everything about me my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or to myself--I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears--I own all my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes because i own all of me, i can become intimately acquainted with me--by doing so i can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts--I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know--but as long as i am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and for ways to find out more about me-- however i look and sound, whatever i say and do, and whatever i think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me--if later some parts of how i looked, sounded, though, and felt turned out to unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded--i can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do--I have the tools to survive,to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense, and order out of the world of people and things outside of me--I own me, and therefore i can engineer me. I Am Me and I Am Okay.♥

My wish's death
attracts freezing flowers.
Broken pieces.
Lieing mirrors are wearing off.
Sun full,
with dangerous heat.
Dead trees have unfamiliar linings.
Soft, cold skies,
bring an icy spring.
Fresh broken petals,
fly disfigured through the air.
Endless attempts to be happier.

All of my work is inspried by real experiences and most are brought out of my creative rants of how im feeling at that place and time.