Nothing more, nothing less | Teen Ink

Nothing more, nothing less

By Alexandria Pincheon BRONZE, Portland, Texas
Alexandria Pincheon BRONZE, Portland, Texas

I don't know why I'm here, I just am. I feel trapped and having all of my emotions trapped inside of me makes me want to scream them all out. It isn't my choice, it's life. Life will be life, and there's not a thing I can say or do to change that. I want to hear the fluttering of the Hummingbirds in Summer. I want to feel the cool misty air in the Winter. I want to smell the Autumn air finally returning. I want to touch the Earth as Spring draws near. I am human, and all of these emotions show this. But being human shows flaws as well. I will be mocked, ridiculed, judged, and beat. People are evil in a world as cruel and demented as this one. I can and rage into others but life won't change its cruelty. I have to shrug my shoulders, move on, and simply hope for the best. Life will be life,and nothing more, and nothing less...

I hope people will realize that life isn't something you can pass through easily. I hope that you can see that in life nothing is ever going to just be handed to you. You always have to work or want it enough.