Act I This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A new age is dawning in the world of myself.
I am not going to be anybody but the girl with the guise of deep dark brown eyes and hair.
I'm going to stick to this path.
I'm going to keep my eyes on my heart,
And my ears on my head,
And my soul in my hand.
I'm not going to get knocked down.
I'm not going to lose anything because I have nothing else to lose.
I will walk right through the scarring fire that ricochets throughout the insipid hallways.
The whispers will follow, just as they did last year from the girl who stole my friend.
But that was act II.
This is act I.
Where the smiles are still new,
And the grimaces are still ignored.
And the prying eyes and curious oral cavities that spread the anecdote like its ecstasy are barren to my presence.
The cast is still being introduced,
And I'm not going to vie for the lead.
Let's leave that to the rotten apples.
The scenes and the acts and the plots and the sets are all concepts that we create with our lies and truths.
Sometimes it's better to just hang out backstage and let the drama unfold
Without me as the center of it.

RiverSong said...
"And I'm not going to vie for the lead.  Let's leave that to the rotten apples." ...Wow, I can relate to that.  Awesome poem!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is too deep for me to do my dance on, i love you captain. youre awesome. 5 stars. do your dance.

BlueInk94 said...
This is amazingl..i love your phrases! You have talent!

~*HopelesslyCrushed*~ said...
this made me smile. it was beautiful.

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 7, 2010 at 4:51 am
iread this in the magazine. it was beautiful. good job.

TheseBrownEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you!

Denmark replied...
I am completely and utterly blown away. Just Wow. You are a magnificent writer. I have read a few of your other pieces. All excellent.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz said...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 9:50 am
Wow! And congrats on getting into the mag. However, you said, "That was Act II," like it already happened before act I.

Megan Anne S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hi everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read my poem.
Please leave a comment telling me what you think. Critism is welcome; I only want to get better.
Thank you!