My Coffee Shop Revelation This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Usually I'm content
To sit here on my own
A quiet coffee shop
In bland, relaxing tones

(with a dash of red)

Today something has changed
I feel that there should be
A friend in the red chair
Behind my cup of tea

(and the plate that held my bread)

I gaze out the window
Search for a face I know
But all I see are strangers
Tramping the dirty snow

(cold tears the sky has shed)

And suddenly … I get the lonely feeling that I'm the only person in the world who knows my name.
It would explain why I talked to my hair this morning.

honest_iago This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha. This poem made me feel so pensive and almost sad...until the end. "I talked to my hair this morning." Nice.

Aderes18 said...
I can relate to this poem. 

AnnieC This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah? I hope that's not a bad thing

Aderes18 replied...
Well sometimes I feel very lonely. 

I just checked out your profile, you seem really cool! Also, I'm very jealous because you live in Cambridge... just across the river from my favourite US city. Is Persepolis the graphic novel that was later made into a movie? Saw a movie by that name not too long ago and really loved it. Anyways, loneliness is definitely one of my least favorite emotions, but it happens. I write better when I'm lonely, so it has its advantages, you know?

*gasp* ! you also like Manu Chao!

_Elsy_ said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:19 am
Lol love the last line, i just red this and i can tell you have alot of talent for writing poems. btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

*StandardToaster* said...
the last line kinda cracks me up!  i love this poem it's very unique.

Thanks! It was fun to write, the rhythm just made itself

bmmsac said...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 9:32 am
this poem was very exotic. I like the picture that follows

Thanks, I appreciate it:)
I'm actually not sure how the picture got there! I didn't post it