this is a trap This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

he says
this is no friendship
with the feelings i have
and honestly
i just want to
curl up on his leather couch
and play with his cats
and forget that he ever
infected
me.

this is a trap.
thisisatrap.
this is A TRAP.
shut up.
you’re the one who
created it and i am the one who
fell into it.

and in my desperation to
cling
onto any pieces of
this friendship
i’ll apologize
for your actions
and you’ll accept
my apology
and break me
over
and over
again.

I let you.

-daydreamer- said...
Love it!! Absolutely love it!!

SmileitsCaroline said...
This might just describe my life right now. Finally someone has described falling for someone honestly. I love it. Favorite!

Sara B. said...
I can relate. Great job, i really enjoyed it (:

Kara P. said...
Aug. 10, 2009 at 10:36 am
This is perfect. It really is. I fell in love with it right away because the energy flow is just perfect for your topic. You have an incredible amount of talent! NEVER stop writing. I (like) to think that some of my stuff has the same sort of style... I would love it if you could maybe critique some of it. I'm really looking for advice and ideas so I can expand my creativity when I write. :D

raychull1513 said...
i love how this is the honest truth about falling for someone, with no curtains to hide any meaning. great job, keep it up.

Carey L. said...
I like this poem. I write alot of things like this. I can deffinitly relate to your pain.

Like*Whoa!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great job:)
<3

alaina N. said...
Jul. 22, 2009 at 2:40 am
this is amazing..
i can definately relate..
amazing work (:

silent_16 said...
amazin i love this

Taki R. said...
I like this poem,best one ive read so far.

Melinda L. said...
amazing. I love it!!

Ramna said...
Nice.

Strawberry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem is amazing!! keep up your work!!

LilJ<3 said...
Great job. personally, i loved it and could relate. Keep writting, i want to keep reading.

Christian R. said...
i like it alot!! i just wish you woulda left the cats out of it.. keep up tha work though.

Katherine H. replied...
I love the cats!!!

aussie65 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
my girlfriend has a quote she used in some of her music "i wish for once i could fall in love and land on my feet, instead of falling face down in concrete." And you beautifully expressed that in this poem

aznchickie said...
Jun. 30, 2009 at 5:34 am
I like this poem it shows the inner conflict in each person when they really fall for someone.

It says it like it is no horse crap.

~blackrose~ said...
makes you think and thats a good thing! keep writing but it couldve used a few more tweaks to it. check out my poem called breakdown please comment lol.