Put Away That Notebook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A book of rhymes finds its sunshine
in the back street of my mind.
Decides deciduously to shed shackles
like leaves of limitations, and a pen
punches out first principles
and punctuates the playfulness of
my phrases, yes,
writing is loss of identity, tying
up trademark tunes and impregnating the wombs of
imagination with godlike inspirations.
Meaning, breathing, seeming to be bleeding
but leading right back to the beginning:
A book of rhymes finds its sunshine
in the back street of my mind.
Decides deciduously to shed shackles
like leaves of limitations, but
all you can see is that I’m
not paying attention
in your
class.

Ada D. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow! I loved this. Your use of language is really beautiful, and doesn't feel affected at all. I especially love the twist at the end...It seems that it is just going to be a poem about poetry, but then at the end you realize that it is about so much more. Again, love it!

leaf44 said...
hahaha - sorry this has happened to me before except with stories - not poems.  It's great though - well written - loved it.

bookthief This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. extremely gorgeous.

Lexie96 said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 6:10 am
This is so well done and extremely relatable for everyone on this site I'd imagine. I know I've been there, and it still never fails to amaze me that some teachers actually think that watching movies all day is more important than writing... (Personal experience) If you have time could you check out my poem Sowing Poppies, please?

ariwrites94 said...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:57 am
Wonderful job!!!! you are a talented writer and keep up the good work! if u have time please check out my poem called "Sensitive Am I" and rate and leave a comment. Thanks and keep writing!

onceuponathyme said...
Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:20 am
Witty, rhythmic, and very clever. I thoroughly enjoyed this.