Floccinaucinihilipilification (Look it up) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your smile is an explosion in me.
You hear the clicking of the keyboard
and it is every single one of my heartbeats.
Who's to know that you make me so happy?

Your oblivious disposition is a murder in me.
You back out of my driveway
and wonder if the tires leave a mark.
They always leave a mark.
Who's to know that thinking of you makes me cry?

Your face makes me feel things
that I didn't even know I could feel.
Intense depression,
concentration,
overwhelming anxiety,
and happiness like there's a carnival in my heart.
Who's to know.

I write down these words
and they have no meaning.
I've been here for hours
staring at my pen
because all my precious words are missing.
The words I have are:
useless,
depressing,
ungrateful,
and messy.
This is all your fault,
Miss Breathtaking Gorgeous.
With each of your breaths
you insensitively
plow me into the ground.
And I am helpless.

Suhaima said...
Your face makes me feel things that I didn't even know I could feel. Intense depression, concentration, overwhelming anxiety, and happiness like there's a carnival in my heart. Who's to know.

that stuck out to me the most, because I feel the exact same way. 

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great poem! I've been checking out some of your other poetry & your feelings come across in your poems, which is one of the most important things in writing poetry. Great job!

Mikey^_^ said...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 5:43 am
Love it. Hope to see more from you :)

October_Moon said...
i really like this poem and i can relate. I think its well written :)

Joyful_angel said...
this is a very good poem!!! keep writting :)
the title really drew my attn, and it really cool

josh the great said...
Jul. 31, 2009 at 3:37 am
this is a great poem keep it up

EdytD said...
Jun. 1, 2009 at 12:31 am
Very neat! I liked how you made an odd word into a poem - it's definitely a much more creative title than most of mine! :)

I think that your topic is a good one, but some of your individual lines can be strengthened. Instead of writing "miss breathtakingly gorgeous," for example, you could describe the woman's face, and explain what aspect of it makes you upset. Also, I'm not sure what you meant when you said, "is a murder in me?"

Furthermore, instead of simpl... (more »)

LemonQuiche replied...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 6:39 am
I dont agree with that critique at all. I think the poem was really good, and leaves the perfect amount of room to breathe, rather than crowding with descriptions.

VyrenRolar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey. I've been published by Creative Communication, which has a website called poeticpower.com. I'll post a few more poems today.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good! I looked up that word...and it is considered as the longest word in the world! Way to put a poem into it!!! lol....

May 28, 2009 at 12:33 am
This was very insightful. I liked it a lot. And I can honestly say I have been there.