a dream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

awake
he cries
(but even his cries
so sweet as a
song)

dreams
which frighten
he stirs;
come, child,
fear now no more

trembles,
face flushed
clutching and
crawling his way
through the
shadows

afraid, said he,
but over this fear
the stars twinkle
watchful eyes.

click
the switch of a light
away now
the deep and horrible
dark.

a song
(though much more
than music)
fluttering lashes
into the quiet

hush.
soothing
breathe deeply,
my sweet,
I see the moon and the
counting sheep.

forever,
my dear,
to a land faraway.

rest
the night
peaceful sleep.

lyrical_assassin said...
Jan. 15, 2011 at 2:00 am:
Basically echoing the first comment. I loved the flow, the simplicity of the language and the way the writing is almost ... conversational. Really nice. :)

crazypoetgirl18 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:29 am:

I love the way the words flow, it sounds as if they should be whispered. Which is absolutely perfect for your subject matter. This is extremely well done.

Also, I love when people abandon capitalization in poetry. ee cummings is my hero.

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 8:40 pm :
you got that right! it has the ambiance of a prayer even... the onomatopoeia blends in beautifully,yet has its own spark... great job!

MissFaber said...
May 4, 2010 at 2:36 pm:

that was amazing... its so true how very normal situations can be inspiration for beautiful writing.

it would be great if you could comment and rate my articles! thanks :)

RitaChristine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 4, 2010 at 3:32 pm :
Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check our your work. :D

MeganCahill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sometimes I think I forget how much words fill me up. I write constantly in my head but must admit I forget to find paper and a pen at times. But writing is beautiful; that moment where you finish a poem or whatever, and you look back on your very own creation and you breathe out with satisfaction is the best feeling in the world. I hope to see more stuff soon. I'll be checking daily. Haha..

Beautifully written. I love the structure of it it truly added to the emotions of the reader. Good job :) you should post more.

Apr. 24, 2010 at 9:27 pm :
Thanks so much Megan! I should... haven't posted anything in a while... :P

CaptainFabulous. said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm:
wow
so so good
no not good ... UHmazing
simply fabulous
good workk

~*el-oh-vee-ee*~ said...
awesome. simply amazing. great imagery and everything! :D

Dec. 8, 2009 at 4:21 pm :
Thanks so much! It means a lot. :D

tempust said...
This...this is really good. I mean, really really good.

Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:00 pm :
Awww thank you! I really appreciate it. :D I shall be sure to check out your work, too!
Blessings!