The Three Types of People You Will Fall in Love With | Teen Ink

The Three Types of People You Will Fall in Love With

By maddiezimmie3 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
maddiezimmie3 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan

Falling in love is like the three different colors of a traffic light: red, yellow, and green. 

Red, your first love, you always know how to stop in the end. Just something about this person screams no. You're inexperienced and young. You're terrified and scared to be broken and scarred. So you try your hardest to not fall in too deep. In the end you stop, knowing that it was the only choice to avoid getting hurt. On the opposite end of the spectrum is the green light. 

Green , your second love. Your second love is the kind of person that lights up your soul immediately. The kind of feeling when you're in a rush and the light turns green. It's almost like the sign you've been looking for. Just when you though you were losing hope, you find this person. Your hearts intertwine, your eyes light up, their smile ignites something within you. 

Yellow on the other hand was always taught to be treated like a red light; stop. But now with the third love, the yellow light is now overlooked and forgotten. It's like deep down you know you should stop but your head won't listen to your heart. Instead of treating yelow like you should and stopping, you proceed speeding through it, ignoring the obvious signs. But later down the road if you continue to do the same things you will regret speeding through a yellow light, when you're pulled over on the side of the road crying over a ticket. The sad part about the third love is deep down you expected something to go wrong, your heart to shatter, your eyes to flood with tears, but you don't know when it's gonna come. 

Your second love will be the eaisest to fall in love with and the eaisest to recover and move on from. Why? you ask. They were so kind to you. But in a way you were never deeply connected to their soul like a yellow light. You knew you would get hurt but you stuck to them like glue anyways. You helped them problem through problem. You always got the shorter end of the stick. You always felt empty. But their reaction and brief thank you's got you through.

If you meet a yellow light kind of person be cautious because although your heart may say stop, your head will always say yes. 

If picture someone while reading this: you've been in love.