A Message To Politicians | Teen Ink

A Message To Politicians

By aidkanova BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
aidkanova BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

"May you always lead from the beating in your chest"

When the Beatles say, “All you need is love.” that is so true. What are we, as humans, without the love and compassion that is so innate to us? To be human is to not only have love in a romantic way, but to have love for our fellow beings, animals, plants, oceans and humans alike. Why are there wars in the world? Because some people can’t bear to love other humans and possess to ability to show compassion. They are out politicians who only see other countries as goldmines. They don’t care about the people who have lived in their lands since the dawn of time, they don’t care about the people’s culture and way of life. And nor do they care about the little children playing on the streets of their village, who, just like everyone else want to go to the playground and see their parents alive. Why is there so much hatred? Why do we constantly have to create problems for ourselves that weren’t there in the first place, why do we have to always find some negativity and ruin other people’s life perspective. We could live so much simpler and enjoy our lives so much more. Amongst the notable people in history, why do such terrible tyrants like Hitler rose to power? If only us, as people believed in the common good, we wouldn’t have given our power as the public to ill minded people as him. Why can’t some people understand that this life is brief and the only way to make it fulfilling is by filling other peoples lives with joy. Instead, they have such intense tunnel vision and their goals only revolve around material wishes, which they must attain even if it means doing such awful wrong. Don’t you feel resent at night? Not being able to sleep, thinking about all the lives you have ruined in your chase for useless objects which now crowd your marble corridors? The soldiers, who kill and slaughter innocent people in war, how do they feel about their deeds? Or have they become so inhumane in their actions that they are unable to feel other people's’ pain and hurt? Why can’t we spread love and simply make other people’s happy? That feeling, that warm feeling from helping a stray dog, feeding a hungry, homeless person or even doing something so small, no one notices it, isn’t it enough to do more? If only people understood that, there would be so much more good in this world. We were born to love and be happy, not to kill and hate. So many disasters could have been prevented if we were all on common ground with what is good and what is bad. It is such a simple message, to be good and to be kind, but day after day, in the midst of our mortal issues we gradually forget the basics. It takes years of mistakes and resent for some people realize what they have been doing all along and what they should have been. Do good, just because you can! Just because you are a human, living on this world, completely capable of spreading joy to others. When you wake up, make it priority to make someone smile and I guarantee you will lead a more fulfilling life, because “a life with love is a life that’s lived.”

I believe that the more kindness you cans spread, the happier you will be. This poem is my message to today's politicians who cause so much disruption in other lands for the reasons which sound just as foolish to the public as they do to toddler. I hope to show other teens that happiness is a state of mind and that you can share this state of mind with everyone around you with simple acts of kindness.