A Liars Fate | Teen Ink

A Liars Fate

June 15, 2018
By Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa
Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa
20 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
And still I rise.



She danced on water like it brought the same familiarity kept in her middle name.

She broke through the ripples, her toes piercing the white creases atop the blue pages.

She sang with her throat in her hand, ripped from her neck and swayed it like a sunflower.

Her heels splashed water onto her hips and she tangoed alone to her own throatless music.

She wished for a dancer, a partner in crime and when one did arrive she fell in love.

But the boy just danced alone in the corner of her eye

and she would never dare ask him to come closer.

So she wished again and another person appeared,

a woman a couple decades older that looked just like her.

The woman cried, panicked and ran so fast that the woman went up into the air.

Leaving her alone yet again.

So she wished one more time thinking the third time you get it right and another girl showed up.

The girl danced with her and she nearly cried with joy.

The girl, just like her was not everything but she was sweet.

Sweet like dark chocolate, not like lemonade.

The girl loved to skip and so the girl did just that,

skipped to a town where the population had flourished.

The girl invited the whole city to come see,

Her who dances on water and sings without a throat but with a bloody flower.

The towns people covered the perimeter and stared in amazement at the defying dancer,

That is until they looked closer and saw.

She was just dancing on ice.


The author's comments:

This has a similar theme to 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' in that when you have lied all your life, especially about you accomplishments, when you actually accomplish something it is belittled by your lies. This can lead to a lonley life.