Top Voted Ballads

Here are the top voted ballads:

voted
#1
Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I love your voice, your soft brown hair. I love your eyes and love your stare. I love your laugh, your cocky smirk, your stupid jokes. You precious jerk, you know I do. I want my hands all through your hair each treasured strand.... (more »)
1490 comments
voted
#2
Porcelain Stars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The moon falls for the sun And begets beautiful stars With absent skies of trust And celestial scars Skin scorched to porcelain Let’s see what the dark beholds As patience dies to wear thin And your embrace awaits cold Part the... (more »)
31 comments
voted
#3
Heaven's Gate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I walked to heaven’s gate today among the skies so blue with angels lurking here and there waiting for someone new I looked around for other souls but the sky was empty so i made my way to heaven’s gate following the angels’ glow... (more »)
62 comments
voted
#4
Barber This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
They say after heartbreak, a haircut A clean slate for every mistake But now I’ve no hair left for cutting And even less heart left to break (more »)
57 comments
voted
#5
The Dream Isn't Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The dream isn’t dead Though I’ve seen it take flight It spread its great wings And disappeared into night I watched it go, bidding good-bye But I would see it again I know I would try Such fantastic illusion, an amazing sight... (more »)
40 comments
voted
#6
The Body This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Is a body unconscious a person still? No mind is present to govern its deeds. Does a body have dreams, or a fate to fulfill? No way to feel it when it bleeds. Can I be a human, too? Maybe I’m not even real. But I am flesh, through and... (more »)
113 comments
voted
#7
The World Is Preserved This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Why don’t the blades of grass Curl away from the flame How dare the sun Not hide its head in shame Why does that tree Stand so tall Why don’t the stars Click off and fall Your being is twisted Your body is burned Life is ending But... (more »)
66 comments
voted
#8
Soft Blue Eyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
His soft blue eyes seem almost out of place In contrast to his rough composure He takes a puff from far away But never will he come any closer He walks as if he’s on top of the world His body shifts from left to right On the outside he... (more »)
26 comments
voted
#9
Hate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The hate that ran from his lips Nearly knocked me unconscious. His words ripped through my heart Everyone saw it. Twenty-seven sets of eyes burned me, Confused stares closing in, The room began to shrink. What was happening? I shakily... (more »)
18 comments
voted
#10
Economic Breakup This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I didn’t notice, I didn’t see That our stocks were slowly falling. We should have thought of liability And the pain that we were causing. I didn’t notice, I didn’t see. They say that time is money And I guess I didn’t have the... (more »)
31 comments
voted
#11
The Dead Girl. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I found the dead girl in a lake while wandering a field I watched the crows circle around but somehow I could feel. I saw her lying near the edge to no fault of her own. And walking nearer helped me see that which I did not know. I... (more »)
59 comments
voted
#12
Runaway This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Electric hills and mountain tops Where runaways run far Just run away with me, my dear Uncover who we are Beneath the stars and blanket black We lie and watch the moon I’d lie with you forever more And sing the same night’s tune... (more »)
27 comments
voted
#13
Awaken … This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The rain falls on this gloomy day 15 days in the month or two before May Gloomy, say I because you didn't say A single word for many a day Why is this? Did he say something that bad Or is he that worthless; deserve I not feeling sad?... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#14
Apples This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I like apples of all different sorts They make a great snack when I’m playing sports. Green apples, crab apples, red apples, too, golden delicious, great from the first chew. I eat them for breakfast. I eat them with lunch.... (more »)
22 comments
voted
#15
Fright in France This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Bullets fly, the terror is thick Soldiers die, the horror will stick The waves are tainted, dyed with red The beach is littered, covered in dead. The man to the left looks for a haven The men who are left all need saving More men come,... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#16
Me Through a Lens This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Me through a lens The easiest way to see A skewed vision Is better than me Smile for the camera Capture me on tape You see what you want Distorted figures and shapes Develop the negative Erase all the flaws Hang up on a wire The me you... (more »)
17 comments