Top Voted Ballads

Here are the top voted ballads:

voted
#1
Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I love your voice, your soft brown hair. I love your eyes and love your stare. I love your laugh, your cocky smirk, your stupid jokes. You precious jerk, you know I do. I want my hands all through your hair each treasured strand.... (more »)
1522 comments
voted
#2
Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
We were doomed from the beginning,Blinded from the start,But nothing can be doneTo fool a happy heart.With each smile and giggle,Every embrace and every kiss,We were shooting toward a happy ending,And we missed.Cinderella lost her slipperAnd it... (more »)
183 comments
voted
#3
The Sun May Go Down This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     When it seems that all you care for has met its sad demise, It is prudent to remember The sun may go down, but the moon shall rise. Just as the tide flows out, it returns again to shore. And it is the same with coral.... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#4
Petals and Thorns This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     We are velvet, hemmed in lace,Silken ribbons tie our waist.Our hair is white, trimmed in gold,With porcelain eyes of blue.We are made of silver lining,Our sunspot words are bright and shining.We are sown of what we... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#5
The Ink Within This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     In silent sorrow death may lieunshaken in a turbid shorethat brings not truth, nor blinds the eyebut tides away forgotten lore.And if by chance or luck may seea glimpse of pallor on this page,do note that words must... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#6
Mary’s Lamb and the Beast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Mary’s lamb was black as coalHis eyes half blind with hateAnd everywhere that Mary wentHer lamb would lie and waitAnd when they were all aloneHe’d whisper sweetly in her earAnd filled her pretty little... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#7
Sunset Song This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Above the horizon hover sun-stained cloudsLike the combustion of childhood dreamsBeneath indigo skies the fireball shroudsAnd mocks the lingering gold sunbeamsHeaven-lit Gateways of the West so amberBrilliant with... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#8
The Agora Theater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Loud silence and heavy breathingSweat and water cool the heating.Cigarettes and cherry cigarsFill the weakened lungs of ours. The lights dim and the place stands still,Waiting for the final thrill. The spotlight... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#9
A Single Bird This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
As I lie here in the grass,And look up to the sky,My feelings are content,And I am filled with pride,To say this is my yard –The place where I have grown,And now its theme is autumn,And nature wants it known.Some leaves are off the... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#10
Tribute to a Friend This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
With your eyes at the sidewalk,You can’t focus on the good.You don’t notice all your traits,When I know you really should. You think life is just a waste.A disappointment ’til the end,When I’m here to clarify the plus,With... (more »)
39 comments
voted
#11
Chasing Childhood This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I had a dream last nightWhere I saw childhood run away. I chased it ’til I could no moreAnd everything faded to grayWhat happened to the picnics?Cotton candy at the fair?Nobody goes anymoreToo busy to even careWhere are the dress-up... (more »)
38 comments
voted
#12
No Time for Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I wish that you would go away.Can’t you see that I am so very busy?I cannot fall in love today.I have no time for the sweet nothings that you say.Your musty cologne makes me dizzy.I wish that you would go away.No, I do not want you to... (more »)
31 comments
voted
#13
Mandatory Poem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I have to write a poem for EnglishBut I don’t know what’s right to writeMaybe I can use school as the themeI think I actually mightBut school is such a lame topicI need something much betterLike family and friends, or possibly sportsOr... (more »)
33 comments
voted
#14
Go, Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Run, girl Flee from your dreamsToo optimisticFind a new reality Jump, girl On the brink of your schemeNo more ingenuity Nothing as it seemedSprint, girl No longer oneChanged foreverYour past has just begun Cry, girl You are broken Heart in... (more »)
15 comments
voted
#15
Write Your Name This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
write your name upside downon paper all whitethe shards of glass handwriting pierce definitive nightin an unquiet sleepdreaming all gray and bluedream of sparkling glasscast from an ocean world viewsee through the glassyour watch heavy on my... (more »)
13 comments
voted
#16
Why? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Why must you despise me – Is it because my skin has been kissed by the sun’s rays?Are my roots too deep for you, Or is it my will to find a brighter day?Why must you look at me with different eyes, Is it because I stand tall?My river... (more »)
36 comments