Economic Breakup This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I didn’t notice, I didn’t see
That our stocks were slowly falling.
We should have thought of liability
And the pain that we were causing.

I didn’t notice, I didn’t see.

They say that time is money
And I guess I didn’t have the budget for you.
There’s no need to be angry
Because I really think you knew.

I didn’t notice, I didn’t see.

We couldn’t afford the loans
Or the favors bought on credit.
My heart is the Dow Jones –
It’s dropped six points; and you just stood back and let it.

I didn’t notice, I didn’t see.

What we had was no more than a transaction
And I think that you declined me.
It’s gonna take more than numbers and fractions
To be what we’re supposed to be.

Now I notice, now I see.

WarriorPuella said...
Oh, so true!  Very well written, I love the rhythm.

IAmWhoIWantToBe said...
Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:31 am
Beautifully written and I love the comparison between a relationship and economics.

Bill M. said...
Interesting read. Great writing and timing.

Bonnybiedz said...
Oct. 18, 2010 at 1:22 am
wow....this is really good....oh...i should say... AWESOME.... very interesting..keep writing...

baumshell said...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 12:27 am
this is so great!!

inspiredpoet said...
very unique. and appropriate timing. great job

Angel of music said...
This poem reminds me of the type of stuff I used to write and I absolutely loved it. It really went straight to my heart and reminds me of real life situations. Keep writing.

.Allyssa. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it! it's ironic; i like this guy in my economics class that sits right behind me. we could never date or anything, but this kind of sums things up for me. its great :)

Blue-eyed_Hippy-chick said...
It is unique. Was there actually a breakup? It sounds like it sometimes but I am not sure

Kaitlyn M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 19, 2009 at 4:04 am
wow....i am only a beginner in writing and so many times i have thought about giving up. but your poem reminds me why i want to be a writer, because out in the world some people can acually move other's hearts and that's what i need to work on...thank you. and keep on writing.

FracturedAngel said...
Jun. 19, 2009 at 2:58 am
absolutely amazing. although it was just about the economy, it took my breath away

Christina M. said...
Jun. 19, 2009 at 2:36 am
Oh Em Gee....This Poem is really unique...Its one of a kind
It really descirbes the realtionship with the ecomic...This is a good poem keep up the poem skillz :)

cmoney1996 said...
It's actually one of the most important poems I've ever read. It was fantastic; you should write more poems that deal with issues in the world today. This is coming from a 12 year old. Please Check out my poem called Marriage and please post a comment!!!

Brandi K. said...
i dont even know what to say!

Alyssa E. said...
May 30, 2009 at 12:48 am
i really dont even know where to start! that was amazing! i really get where you're trying to be, too!

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This really describes the economy! I like how people could put things like this into poems. So much skill! Great job!!!

missy192 said...
May 28, 2009 at 12:57 am
wow thats an awsome poem! you have real talent!

Erin N. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 27, 2009 at 1:01 am
I really like it. A great combination of the romance/relationship thing with somthing that is a big issue right now.

UndiscoveredSweets said...
May 25, 2009 at 5:37 am
Really inspiring. I get it and it seems 2 fit into these crappy times. really awesome :)

yhonnieb said...
this poem was great. it was a unique twist to relationships.