24 Hours

24 hours, watch it flow

Pack your stuff, time to go.

It's time to leave, maybe go home

Where to go, where to roam

Only to listen to the radio

24 hours, hug the kids,

Try to find where they hid.

Enjoy time with brother,

Say, "I love you," to mother

No turning back what we did.

24 hours, watch it fly;

24 hours, look to the sky!

Watch from miles, see the glare,

Watch it bursting in the air.

Promise you won't cry.

24 hours, gives a chill;

Lonely valley, silent hill

Taking one final breath

Look around, nothing's left.

24 hours, standing still.

StArFish1202This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22, 2016 at 2:21 am
I love this sooo much! It really shows just how much a life can change in a day.

poetry101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love it so much ;)

MBC1215 said...
That is a very nice poem.It vigorates me

PresCocoRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2016 at 1:09 am
Oh wow, this is really good, but it's so depressing too. Especially when I read it in the mindset of the nuclear bomb part, it reminded me of Japan in a way during WWII. I like the use of 24 hours, and I like how intense the poems gets throughout the poem. It's that mixture of naivety (because it sounds like the dad is talking to his children) and seriousness (because it's a bomb) that makes it really poignant. Really good.

Dream_Bar22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 17, 2015 at 11:45 am
When I imagine what it would be like I start to cry. You did perfect and amazing

mrsaturn77 said...
I imagined this in a song, and its a very beautiful song. (I think I'm tearing up from this)

cuddlemunstr said...
Dec. 9, 2015 at 12:38 am
OMG I flipping love it! I actually pictured every single thing you said in my head. You are one amazing writer! Keep on writing and never stop no matter what comes your way. You have one amazing gift. I look forward to reading more of your stuff xD

ItsOk said...
Nov. 28, 2015 at 1:23 am
This is absolutely beautiful. It had an enchanting cadence and your rhyming seems effortless. I love the focus on the concept of time... it's such a mysterious, fleeting, sometimes horribly sad thing.

thisEmilyda1 said...
Yay! I like good poetry. I like the rhyming, I like rhyming poems. And it's an interesting concept too, good job. I like how it seems like a list, your WAY better that me. Ps. My big bro is about to get his Eagle Scout too! Good luck with your project. :)

Jackpot-the-GreatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Interesting concept. 10/10

addy.74 said...
wow this is great!

Joz3ph_4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I would like to say thanks to anyone for reading my poem, means a lot to me!!!