One pain | Teen Ink

One pain

By EmotionPoet SILVER, Raytown, Missouri
EmotionPoet SILVER, Raytown, Missouri

"Just because it's black in the dark doesn't mean there's no color." -Lahel

Pain.
That empty feeling. A whole in your heart. That moment when the flames crawl up your spine sending chills to your toes. Then a breath of cold words breathing heavily on your neck. That feeling of never getting you true heart desire, to endure love or happiness. Everything is your fault, all you are is a complete mess up. This pain, it will devour you if you let it, Never getting what you truly deserve because to the rest of the world your pain is their happiness. The feeling of waking up knowing that this world is going to tear you apart unless you rip yourself apart first. Pain is believing in someone but they let you down. Trusting you and you lie to me. I fought for and then you stabbed me in my back. I can’t anymore. I loved you but you don’t love me back, I wish you did. You’re making me say goodbye because I can’t take it all in. So goodbye. If you taught me one thing it is that I gotta move on. I forgive you but I will never forget you. You shoot me down and I can fall. The emotions all come at me at once. Nowhere to run nowhere to hide. I am judged by every step I take whether it is on the right foot or the left. Because of the color of my skin I am defined as a person. Even though they trying to tell you they know, deep down there is a feeling deeper and darkness consumes it, devouring it with one bite. And in the deepest part of our minds lives our souls. Sitting, judging, controlling who we need and who we don’t. Because in the deepest part of our minds lives our strengths and our weakness. Forcing us to hide away to not show who we are. And the deepest parts of our minds live... Us. You have no idea. The wind whips across her face and a tear falls from heaven. Pain. The orange flames howl as the place that they use to call home was now just ashes. You complain about how you need the new iPhone 6 because you still have a 5. You say you know how she feels because "The feeling is mutual" but you don't. You have no idea. She now has no one standing there. Nobody there to say "You can make a difference in the world" She would look up to the bleachers at her cheerleading performance at the football game but nobody came.
Pain. He was the big baseball star. He was. But now he is nothing They stood there watching, watching as there whole world was changing. Nobody was there. You have no idea. That girl that you called a jerk. She is a home cutting herself and is on drugs trying to escape the pain she truly feels inside. Those last words that you said to your mom. You will regret because she just died in a car accident. And your favorite cousin that you were just with last week. He was home getting burned with cigarette but has now hanged himself in a tree. You say you understand but, You have no idea, How can you judge her, But go home and look in the mirror, realizing that you aren't better than her. You never were. You think you know her but you don't. Who are you to judge us when you look down at your hands and realize that your hand have blood on them. You say you understand but, do you really? That little kindergarten who you did not help when she fell down is at home locked in her attic and you will never see her again, at least never alive. You have no idea, the pain they truly have, because deep down inside you have it too. It doesn’t matter the cause but know, that you aren’t her, or him, or me. And one more thing, it’s her life, not yours, you say you know her pain, well you don’t. I feel that light and darkness are always connected. Like good and evil are always fighting. We need it, pain is a necessity. We must let our suffering make us stranger. We have to stand united as one, and not let pain destroy our beating hearts.

I hope people can learn that words do hurt and you need to be kind to others.