Jerk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

Kylier876 said...
today at 8:49 pm:
True story.

JosiSunnyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 6 at 1:09 pm:
woah. so true

heartagramflexThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:27 am:

MichealMulkeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:32 am:
Most of these simple poems that may or may not be low quality recieve so many comments because they are highly contriversial topics world wide. weather or not you believe this poem was produced with proper "craftmanship" or "creativity" and "originality", this females objective was to reach readers and others that have either felt this pain and conflict or can relate to this type of situation. simply put, I believe this was very succesful. Good job kid.

MichealMulkeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:35 am :
this writer* (excuse my assumption)

Nicole143This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
it is a cliché topic but the thoughts and style are very original and i love it 

Yadira V. said...
Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:17 am:
I love this

PunkRockPrincess1031 said...
I personally like how the writer uses a cliched topic (will not disagree on that) and makes it their own. Some people may not see the depth in this poem but because I am going through this exact same thing right now, the poem really got to me. Maybe the editors thought that since it was such a cliched topic, many people could relate to it. I liked this poem and am glad that it made it into the magazine:)

Ansi said...
Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:59 am:
Love your poem. It was different but I loved it. Please do more! oh and what I loved it the most was the second verse.

Taeve said...
What made you write this ?

carlmarks15 replied...
Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:47 pm :
One of the most hackeneyed topics in poetry, "you're a jerk but I love you". I couldn't give you a 5/5 just for that reason, it is 100% unoriginal and cliche. However, the poem itself isn't even good. The rhymes are very mainstream, simple, and even childish in my opinion. But i just want you to know the only reason I rated this as 1/5 is because TeenInk won't allow me to rate it any lower. Overall AWFUL job. Good try though! If at first you don't succeed, try,... (more »)

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:42 am :
But it is the way that someone re-does a cliche theme that makes them a good wirter. I love this!

alex_gold replied...
Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:23 pm :
@ carlmarks15 You have obviously never been in a situation like what is described above. Christina made the topic her own and did a beautiful job with it. You are right, it is cliche, but it is also very original. I understand you are only trying to give constuctive criticism, but next time try being NICE about it.

beeurself550 replied...
Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:17 pm :
yeah ok, jerkwad, there are a lot of ppl who like this poem so forget you.  this is a really good poem and try not to ruin it for everyone else.  and remeber the golden rule, if you dont have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!!!

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 9:42 pm :
"Ok jerkwad, if you don't have anything to say, SHUT UP!!!!" The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

yesterday at 9:43 pm :
*Nice to say

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is beautiful and so true when you're young! Love it!!!

r_dharrr said...
Sept. 26, 2013 at 8:04 am:
Lovelovelove it.

writingmystory27This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think....for the people who don't like it, just don't understand it. It's a good poem, but for some people it has no meaning. But maybe this girl has a deep meaning behind, which some people saw. And if you want to get published, go to the writers forum and ask for lots of votes on your work.

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really? THIS has that any comments? THIS was published in the magazine? I mean, it's a good poem, but aside from the jerk part, there is just nothing special about this poem. So....please remind me how people see THIS as one of the best poems on the site, deserving such attention?