Homesick and suicidal | Teen Ink

Homesick and suicidal

I left everythig I knew

Behind me when I came here to become

Something greater, but I don't believe that I

Am becoming better.

I am getting worse and

The darkness is coming

Back, the numbness is

Creeping into my lungs

And choking me at

2:36am when my

Mind wanders back

To the places and the

People I know. It's not

Going so well, and I'm

So homesick it's killing

Me. The absence of you

Is bringing back the urge

To slice into my skin,

The urge to put a rope

Around my neck, the urge

To step in front of those

Cars speeding down this

Straight stretch of

Highway going through town. It's a terrifying

Thought to know that,

Without you to stop me,

I might become another

Carcass littering the side

Of the road.

A girl who is getting bullied becomes depressed and suicidal. She has no one there for her or no one to talk to, until one day she meets a boy. A boy the same age as her. He became friends with her and took her in. Took care of her and loved her. The bullying got worst and she became more sicker and suicidal. She wanted to give up. She didn't want to be here. As soon as the boy hears this he does everything to try and saved her but it was too late. She had given up on everything. That's when he leaves her. He gives up on her.

_darlingimbroken_ GOLD, Birmingham, Other
@EmilytheBelleofA. Your comments honestly mean so much to me! You have so many kind words and it just makes me feel even more happy and feel as if I can show people my work. Thank you.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

@_darlingimbroken_ , I am still struggling, but I am making it through and will make through. Thank you too, for your kind words. You are a very beautiful and talented writer. And though I think my comments were not that much, I do enjoy and love your work very much and hope that more people will read your work and enjoy and love your work. :)

@MissEmilyDickinson Your comments are so much to me. I'm so happy that you feel as if you can connect to the poem. I hope you are doing better and that you stay strong. Thank you so much for your many compliments, it makes me so happy to see comments like this especially on my work.

on Oct. 20 2014 at 10:59 am

This is just so raw and so full of emotionand amazing ... I don't know how to explian it, except in my jumble of words. This is just literally, amazing and phenomenal. It's absolutely, beautiful. I can connect to this a lot, because I'm still rather suicidal and I have almost, committed suicide. You just have such, a talent and greatness and light in you. Your words are powerful and just ... amazing. You just do have such a talent, and you're a amazing and wonderful and talented writer. It's true. Thank you so, so much for sharing this, my friend. :) Stay strong and keep hoping, my friend. It isn't easy, but it's simple; if that makes sense. Thank you, again! I look forward to reading more of your writings. :)