The Clouds' Courante This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The daylight breaks; we rouse and wake,
Then gracefully our places take.
With clothes of pink and golden hue,
We wait to hear the music’s cue.

We swirl and twirl, the light grows dim,
Our garb is somber, gray, and grim,
We circle in a spinning form,
And flashing, crashing, end the morn.

And then we waltz. Our gowns are pale.
There is no gust, no bite, no gale,
But gentle winds propel our tread
Until the rays of day have fled.

We’re wispy in our weakened state,
With crystal dress and languid gait;
Our step is light, but weak and slow.
The wind is frail and hardly blows.

Then with a final tranquil trill,
The music stops, we all fall still.
Sweat drips from our exhausted frames
Onto the land the humans claim.

And then it all begins once more:
We’re back upon our dancing floor,
Unseen to many eyes below.
We spin to make the shine or snow.

writer-violistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
YES! Great job! I like all the imagery and emotions. God bless and please keep writing! :)

TabithaLThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, I really enjoyed this. I can definitely see the imagery you are spawning with your words. It seemed as if I could almost touch it!

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 14, 2014 at 11:09 am
Oh wow,. This is absolutely, beautiful and descritpive. :) I love poems with nature involved, haha. I know I've said this before, but your poem is just beautiful and descriptive. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it has a sense? No, no. Your poem has an air of peace, to me. It's just perfectly and beautifully and well and talentedly written. I love how you write. :) I'm so glad that this got a editor's choice, congrats! You deserve it. You have such a talent and light in ... (more »)

violawritermady This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 18, 2014 at 12:13 am
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You have no idea how much that meant to me today. You are an amazing person and writer, and you are just... awesome. Thanks so much!