The World Is Preserved This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Why don’t the blades of grass
Curl away from the flame
How dare the sun
Not hide its head in shame
Why does that tree
Stand so tall
Why don’t the stars
Click off and fall
Your being is twisted
Your body is burned
Life is ending
But the world is preserved

Pa S. said...
this poem should be preserved. kudos to u.

HL S replied...
What is wrong with you? Why are you making ridiculous comments all over the place?

alli14 said...
two words: intrigingly amazing

PoetLaureate07 replied...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:12 am
AGREED A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob 4 o replied...
HI ♥♠♣

life_of_a_leaf said...
wow...i liked how you included parts of nature in your poem, it helped create an image

bob 4 o replied...
its good kinda well...

kheart said...
This is an a great and unique poem. I love it!

emily.a said...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 12:48 am
really great poem.one of the best i have read.=D please write more poems like this.
p/s:please read mine and comment it...

cyanidecaleph said...
This is the best poem I've read all day! Wow, I love it. It's so meaningful and full of thought. That inspired me greatly just reading this poem. Thank you for submitting this poem. It's a real pleasure to finally come across a great poem like this one. I don't see many good ones on here, except this one. This one just really blew my mind. I would really appreciate if you stop by and check out some of my works. Thanks again! Amazing poem! I would have rated it a 6 out of 5 if... (more »)

kiska_puppy11 said...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:36 am
Wow! That is really good! I really like the questions you ask. And also the emotion! Oooo it's soooo good! Please write more like this! :D

HB S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved this piece because it reminded me of my own style. You're more talented than me... I still am learning... but I feel like we have like styles. Check out my stuff if you like

romance_lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 25, 2009 at 8:32 am
you should be SOOO proud! wow is all i can say...i wish i could write that well

Twilightnme said...
Amazing... but still hard. I really enjoyed it.Check out some of mine. You are a good poet. I was touched... and beared

StickPeople said...
May 8, 2009 at 12:28 am
Am I the only one who didn't think this was amazing? It's good, yes, but it didn't really capture my soul.

Caligirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
:)

emma?buzz said...
that is amazing ..i love it!!

NickMN23 said...
very good i really enjoy reading it..keep up the good work. and the unqiue quality you give to it not many people write about the enviroment but ya i like it.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 7, 2009 at 11:18 am
Congratulations on being published. Your piece was wonderful. I agree completely with Hannah T. Those specific lines were my favorite. Keep writing.
God bless,
...,

chelchelbear said...
probably the best i have read so far... today... Love It!

francheeze88 said...
Apr. 4, 2009 at 3:05 am
WOW.