Sometimes

Sometimes,
I feel like,
My world is left to burn.

Sometimes,
People say that,
They’re so sorry to learn…

Sometimes,
I hate it,
I hate the growing pain.

Sometimes,
I want to,
Just forget and play again.

Sometimes,
I know that,
What my Mum says is right.

Sometimes,
I wish she,
Could make me believe her fight.

Sometimes,
I get so,
Depressed and weaken.

Sometimes,
I cannot reach,
That hopeful beacon.

And sometimes,
Most times,
I can see my disease spread.

And sometimes,
Most times,
I wish that I was dead.

But sometimes,
Other times,
I hope I’ll pull through.

But sometimes,
Other times,
I’ll do it all for you.

Sometimes,
I try desperately,
To laugh, sing and smile.

Sometimes,
I think,
Maybe if I try for a while...

And, finally, sometimes,
I struggle on for,
Me.

And, finally, sometimes,
I’m selfish,
It’s ME.

ThePoeticJusticeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 28 at 1:58 pm
sometimes I feel like a motherless child. that feeling keeps me sad in happy situations. yet I'm a wild child, still full of life, and still subject to life's abrasions- Oh, this was just something on me XD I wasn't tryna add or anything, I was just using the theme lol I LOVE THIS, make more for me, pleeeeeeeaaaaassseeeeee

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 1 at 4:32 pm
Aw thanks for your kind comments, I'm glad you liked this. Not keen on this now as I wrote it a while ago, but I suppose it has a relatable message. I hope the continuation of it isn't true!

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 20 at 2:55 am
The progression of the poem was really interesting. I particularly liked the "most times" and "other times." I was about to skip to the end and decide that the repetition was getting on my nerves, but those lines brought something new and revived the poem, right where the mood also became more positive. Overall, the whole thing came together really well, and a strong finish!

WOWriting replied...
Feb. 21 at 7:27 am
Thank you! Not keen on the repetition in this or general structure, but thank you for commenting anyway. Looking back im not too keen on many of my pieces, but ur comments really make me happy. Thanks.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 21 at 10:53 pm
Writing's a journey. Enjoy watching yourself grow. :)

Mar. 1 at 4:32 pm
Thank you, this made my day :) This is like my favourite quote ever

Y. replied...
Mar. 1 at 7:17 pm
In that case, help me spread the love! Share the thought with others. The world could use some caring anytime. :) P.S. Now you've made mine. ;)

Mar. 1 at 7:19 pm
Sorry, Teen Ink acting up. That was me. :)

today at 3:07 pm
I'll help spread deh love! :) hope u have a great day!

today at 3:07 pm

today at 3:07 pm

today at 3:07 pm

today at 3:07 pm

today at 3:07 pm

today at 3:07 pm

WOWriting replied...
today at 3:08 pm
Ok idk what happened there whoops...

WOWriting replied...
today at 3:08 pm
Ok idk what happened there whoops...

RealRiterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 2:37 pm
Love the poem- great work!

SabrinaFaire said...
I feel the same way. This poem really made me connect with you.

Z.V.Oksana said...
Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:11 am
I really enjoyed reading this :) Simple, yet powerful. That's the kind of poetry I enjoy reading.