The Dream Isn't Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The dream isn’t dead
Though I’ve seen it take flight
It spread its great wings
And disappeared into night
I watched it go, bidding good-bye
But I would see it again
I know I would try

Such fantastic illusion, an amazing sight
Sparkling amber, green, and gold
I kissed the wings and held on tight
But let go and watched them unfold
I knew it would be back
Like it would always be
For this dream, the beautiful bird
It is a part of me

It comes back now and then
When I give it a home
An open heart to love it with
And loyalty to be shown
I let it fly, let it go away
To whatever it searches for
But I know it’ll be back someday
Standing at my front door

I look ahead to the future
For I know it will be bright
Someday, I’ll not have to watch my dream
Disappear into night
It will sit beside me, holding my hand
Kiss my face, forever true
For my dream is only my dream
If my dream is you

raysofsunshine said...
May 29 at 11:43 pm
This is a really beautiful poem, I loved reading it, the ending was my favorite, it was so sweet! Good job on this! If you could read my poem On the mountain and give me some feedback on it I would really appreciate it. This poem has been published in the magazine and I hope to have my poems published there too. If you could leave some comments on that poem that would be great.  

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love all the imagery.  The words are really beautiful.  Nice work on it!  :)

InkWriter13 said...
Beautiful poetry! Thoroughly enjoy it, definitely. So vivid, so full of life. It speaks in mystery, in fantasy, in a dream-like manner. Absolutely wonderful work on this. :D Would you please comment on my ballad titled the Girl? I would really appreciate it! :D

BlueLillyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:51 am
You are a great poet. PLEASE keep up the good work.

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great anthropomorphism. I love the way you redefined what a dream is; rather than us chasing our dreams, you phrased it as the dream looking for us.

fluterocker015This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:18 am
this poem is amazing!! keep writing! (:

SammV. said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 9:52 am
Love this, words cannot explain.

dark_armor1 said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:00 am
AMAZING! job well done!

heartoftheocean95 said...
This is really good! you are blessed with true talent! Keep up the good work! :)

ThisGirlWillMakeMistakes said...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:08 am

Geez, this is so AMAZING and it actually makes sense. I love it, i wish i could write as good as this.

I wrote poetry too and i would really appreciate it if you could read some of my poems and comment. Please and thank you(:

Kaleighgirl97 said...
your poem should definitely be number one! i love it to death! I hope your dream lives forever beside you.

Dancing2222 said...
You are really god at making words flow together!! Very touching poem:)

Dancing2222 replied...
Sorry I meant to say good not god (Im embarrassed now:)

SophiaCross said...
This is amazing!!! I love it!

mandaloreP said...
Great flow and a very beautiful peice. Also great imagry.

lab96 said...
AMAZING! Perfect word choice! :D The words flow so nicely together! It is a beautiful poem♥ Keep writing! The public wants more!

Annabelle294 said...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 9:51 am
I love this! The words flow together beautifully!

Freya_Petal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Lovely piece, I especially liked the twisting rhyme scheme. Congrats on making the magazine, mate! Check out my work if you ever get the time? Any feedback would be much appreciated! 

sarahbug16 said...
this is amazingly beautiful....so pretty

tigers2 said...
gooooooooooddd but it is good