Not a Cat with Nine Lives

Call the mortician,
He’s run a year late;
I was dead long ago,
I had accepted my fate.

My emaciated skeletal system can’t be repaired,
The residues of my wasted brain can’t get any older.
P.S. You can’t heal a broken spirit
With a butterfly kiss to the shoulder.

Who do you think you are, a surgeon?
Well, be my guest: give your magical soul-stitches a try.
Just don’t go around blaming me
When you hopelessly cry.

I can’t reincarnate; I’m not Buddhist.
Show me nirvana and I’ll break out in hives.
Don’t try electric-shocking my corpse, either.
I won’t reawaken; I’m not a cat with nine lives.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:17 pm
Your voice is incredible. From the first line, your sarcasm is tangible, and it's consistent throughout. Your style is so original, and I'm captivated by it when I'm reading. Love it!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so witty I can feel the sarcasm through the computer screen AND I approve XD. I think we both have the same style of answering our own questions within a poem..if you know what I mean. I liked the first stanza the best but the whole thing was incredible. Dnt really know how to express what I thought of it, but just know that I LOVED it :p

Krasota-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah, I tend to do that a lot. :D Sarcasm's my husband, duh! Thank you so much for commenting, it means a lot to me.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey! This is SO good. I am highly impressed and highly amused with this poem. I had no idea what it would be about, but I really liked the title and I thought it might be interesting to read. But you took this to a whole new level and I love this. I love the slight rhymes and I love the attitude here, how sassy and completely sarcastic. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I wrote this when I had dislocated a rib, and I was told under no uncertain terms that I could not participate in any activity that required lifting (which, if you hard think about it, lifting things is a major part of everyone's daily routine). So I pictured my skeletal system wasting away, which was the starting idea for this poem. Thank you for commenting! Have a great day! :P

CarlieWriter said...
I absolutely love this. Great work. Keep it up!

Thank you! :D