Not a Cat with Nine Lives

Call the mortician,
He’s run a year late;
I was dead long ago,
I had accepted my fate.

My emaciated skeletal system can’t be repaired,
The residues of my wasted brain can’t get any older.
P.S. You can’t heal a broken spirit
With a butterfly kiss to the shoulder.

Who do you think you are, a surgeon?
Well, be my guest: give your magical soul-stitches a try.
Just don’t go around blaming me
When you hopelessly cry.

I can’t reincarnate; I’m not Buddhist.
Show me nirvana and I’ll break out in hives.
Don’t try electric-shocking my corpse, either.
I won’t reawaken; I’m not a cat with nine lives.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:17 pm:
This is so witty I can feel the sarcasm through the computer screen AND I approve XD. I think we both have the same style of answering our own questions within a poem..if you know what I mean. I liked the first stanza the best but the whole thing was incredible. Dnt really know how to express what I thought of it, but just know that I LOVED it :p

Krasota-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:30 pm :
Yeah, I tend to do that a lot. :D Sarcasm's my husband, duh! Thank you so much for commenting, it means a lot to me.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:33 pm:
Hey! This is SO good. I am highly impressed and highly amused with this poem. I had no idea what it would be about, but I really liked the title and I thought it might be interesting to read. But you took this to a whole new level and I love this. I love the slight rhymes and I love the attitude here, how sassy and completely sarcastic. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:55 pm :
Thanks! I wrote this when I had dislocated a rib, and I was told under no uncertain terms that I could not participate in any activity that required lifting (which, if you hard think about it, lifting things is a major part of everyone's daily routine). So I pictured my skeletal system wasting away, which was the starting idea for this poem. Thank you for commenting! Have a great day! :P

CarlieWriter said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:45 pm:
I absolutely love this. Great work. Keep it up!

Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:38 pm :
Thank you! :D