Indifferent Abandon

I can’t feel this numbness spreading,
I only know it’s there.
See its mark crawling up my arms,
The black and blue I wear.

Vast in its own emptiness,
The cold seeps through my veins.
You think I’d fight to stay alive,
By now I’m cast in chains.

I’m trembling with shame and pain,
The kind that claims the heart.
I wish I’d learned to carve the ice,
And not be made a part.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:26 am:
I love this I actually copied it to microsoft and took it with me everywhere... :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 8:40 pm :
Aww thank you so much!!!! :)

impecunious_AnthologistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 5 at 5:37 pm:
I read this over and over again, and it's really good. I just believe that you could have added so much more to it; I understand the picture you are paiting, but you could have added so much imagery to this!! :) It's beautiul.. great job  

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1 at 8:04 pm:
  This is very relatable for me. I love the imagery you used. :)

Apollo77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27 at 2:28 pm:
oh my gosh this is beautiful. I was going to say the picture doesn't match but... I guess you got that. it is so sad and perfect, I love it!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 4:09 pm :
Thank you!!!!!! Have I commented on anything of yours before?

Apollo77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 27 at 6:16 pm :
you commented on a thread I posted, but I always like to see who's looking at my stuff...and you know repay it...:)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11 at 3:56 pm:
The last two lines remind of The Hunger Games when Peeta tells Katniss that he doesn't want to be another part of the entertainment of the Capitol. To me, the poem speaks of one of the greatest truths: be true to yourself.

Mar. 11 at 4:04 pm :
Haha, thanks, I love the hunger games :)

jonpettigrewThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 10 at 8:39 am:
great poempoem it really shines on the last couple of lines

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 5 at 10:22 pm:
WOW. The last 2 lines totally took my breath away! Good Poem!

Mar. 5 at 11:02 pm :
Thank you saphira!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 6 at 10:14 am :
You're welcome! Hey, I submitted a poem titled "She" I can't wait for you to read it.... I hope you like it! Can you guess what it's about..though duh it's quite obvious..anyway, I might not come on for a while, so do check it out when it gets posted. Love. Me. xoxox

Mar. 6 at 3:43 pm :
Will do! I'd love to read it:). Maybe remind me once it posts, please?

Mar. 7 at 12:34 pm :
Okay,...Sure, I posted another one titled "What She's Worth" this one is different but fiercer and well more me...

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4 at 5:10 pm:
I can really relate to this.  Nice work on it!

Mar. 4 at 9:30 pm :
Thank you :)