Trap Shooting | Teen Ink

Trap Shooting

By Lydia Carney BRONZE, WAlton, Nebraska
Lydia Carney BRONZE, WAlton, Nebraska

Going to High School as a normal country girl teenager. Lots of friend, living life to the fullest. Bonfire , horse back riding, four wheeling, hunting, fishing. I live the life. My favorite sport is Trap.

Shooting was my hobby. Shooting as the only girl was also really fun, mainly when I out shooting the boys. I was doing great, shooting 25 out of 25, getting medals and trophies. I wanted to go to state, get first place and be a legend. My dreams ended when I got in a car reck.

The reck wasn’t bad I just broke my arm and fractured a bone in my leg. I wasn’t able to shoot, and state as in a few weeks. I tried to hold up my gun and shoot but It didnt work, I couldnt grip my gun and shooting in a wheelchair messed me up. I lost every chance I had to make it to state.

To my suprise I got my cast off my arm the day before state. My leg was fine, I could walk on it. The doctor told me I couldn’t shoot for a while but I didn’t listen. I showed up to the meet and out shot every guy there. I won first place for girls and I was, a legend.

I love trap, so it was fun and easy to write this. even tho its no really true.