A Dangerous Game

It's cold where I keep
all my shame.
It's hard to play
a losing game.

I don't feel much,
I don't cry.
I won't help you,
I'll let you die.

And that's okay,
and that's alright.
I won't love you
out of spite.

But can't you hear me,
breaking, banging?
Against these stone-cold daggers,
hanging?

All around me,
a dangling cage.
A precarious thing,
I made it — rage.

A feather's touch
could send them flying.
Towards the ground,
My strength is dying.

But it hurts to keep this
all inside.
It's lonely here,
I always hide.

So if you can find
the way to me,
You'll find a girl here
On her knees.

It takes a lot
to let you in.
But if you come,
I'll let you win.

cultureddirectioner said...
today at 9:57 am:
amazing! i love it!

bethanyebethanyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4 at 5:52 pm:
This has a really unique writing style. I quite like it :)

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 9:47 am:
I love this so much!!! it's very well written.

AlwaysDepressed-JR-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 1:44 am:
I love it!  There is a lot of emotion and it can gice off many different feelings to the people that read it!  Great Work Jade Keep Writing :)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 4 at 2:03 am :
Aww thanks!!!!! You too, keep in touch :P

sassygurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 1:39 am:
i LOVE this. humanity has not yet invented words profound enough to convey the level of emotion this poem inspires in me...so to put it simply it is infinitely magnificent!

Apr. 4 at 2:02 am :
Thanks :) stay in touch

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 3:33 pm:
wow i don't know whether to love it or be scraed of it lots of emotions  

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1 at 8:02 pm:
  Judging by the comments, this is clearly a very popular poem. It truly is a fantastic piece of writing, and although I usually am not much for love poems, I thought this one was very well and uniquely done. Great work!

Apr. 2 at 1:10 pm :
Thanks star :) :)

the-sea-of-silence said...
Mar. 24 at 2:02 pm:
Wow! You are an amazing writer and I love your work! :)

Mar. 24 at 6:32 pm :
Thank you ^.^

Cutey-BeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 4:25 am:
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Its so true too. I'll post this on my fb page :)  

Mar. 23 at 12:34 pm :
Wow, that's an amazing compliment! Thank you XD

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 3:26 am:
Oh. oh. the last stanza! got right to me, touching, beautiful, one of the best I've read- you've got tremendous talent! beautiful poem!!

Mar. 23 at 12:34 pm :
Thank you so much!! XD that means a lot

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 11 at 10:59 pm:
The last stanza was absolutely breath-taking! Loved it!

jonpettigrewThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 10 at 8:44 am:
i usually don't care for anything besides free verse but this poem is great  it really takes me out of my reading comfort zone

Mar. 10 at 8:53 pm :
Thank you, that means a lot:)

CariePierceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 7 at 9:48 am:
I feel that this would be awesome as lyrics to a screamo song. Well done indeed.