A Dangerous Game

It's cold where I keep
all my shame.
It's hard to play
a losing game.

I don't feel much,
I don't cry.
I won't help you,
I'll let you die.

And that's okay,
and that's alright.
I won't love you
out of spite.

But can't you hear me,
breaking, banging?
Against these stone-cold daggers,
hanging?

All around me,
a dangling cage.
A precarious thing,
I made it — rage.

A feather's touch
could send them flying.
Towards the ground,
My strength is dying.

But it hurts to keep this
all inside.
It's lonely here,
I always hide.

So if you can find
the way to me,
You'll find a girl here
On her knees.

It takes a lot
to let you in.
But if you come,
I'll let you win.

cultureddirectioner said...
Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:57 am
amazing! i love it!

bethanyebethanyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This has a really unique writing style. I quite like it :)

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2013 at 9:47 am
I love this so much!!! it's very well written.

AlwaysDepressed-JR- said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:44 am
I love it!  There is a lot of emotion and it can gice off many different feelings to the people that read it!  Great Work Jade Keep Writing :)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:03 am
Aww thanks!!!!! You too, keep in touch :P

sassygurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:39 am
i LOVE this. humanity has not yet invented words profound enough to convey the level of emotion this poem inspires in me...so to put it simply it is infinitely magnificent!

Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:02 am
Thanks :) stay in touch

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow i don't know whether to love it or be scraed of it lots of emotions  

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
  Judging by the comments, this is clearly a very popular poem. It truly is a fantastic piece of writing, and although I usually am not much for love poems, I thought this one was very well and uniquely done. Great work!

Thanks star :) :)

the-sea-of-silence said...
Wow! You are an amazing writer and I love your work! :)

Thank you ^.^

Cutey-Beauty said...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:25 am
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Its so true too. I'll post this on my fb page :)  

Wow, that's an amazing compliment! Thank you XD

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:26 am
Oh. oh. the last stanza! got right to me, touching, beautiful, one of the best I've read- you've got tremendous talent! beautiful poem!!

Thank you so much!! XD that means a lot

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The last stanza was absolutely breath-taking! Loved it!

jonpettigrew said...
Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:44 am
i usually don't care for anything besides free verse but this poem is great  it really takes me out of my reading comfort zone

Thank you, that means a lot:)

CariePierce said...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:48 am
I feel that this would be awesome as lyrics to a screamo song. Well done indeed.