I should have known

You were the one I so thought
the one who would keep me sane
you’re the reason I constantly fought

but through all that I was left in the rain

We shared everything between us in trust
at least that stayed true to the end
but all you ever had for me was lust
you had no real love for me to defend

I disgraced myself for your own sake
you were never really there for me
it's truly sad how severely you're fake
but at least it wasn't too late for me to see

Just know that I will never not care
you might think different though
these feelings we will never share
but now I have decided to end the show

I don't even need to take a second glance
deep down inside all this time I think I knew
even though I gave you a chance
it really wasn't meant to be you

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22 at 4:24 pm:
As I said before in your other poems, I have a connection to this. I've never went through what I think you are implying in your poem, but someting in my past, I have gone through something like that. Your poem has a lot of depth, meaning, and emotion. Thanks for sharing this. You really have a talent.

RyanM.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 22 at 5:26 pm :
You have a talent as well. I even shared a poem of yours with a friend. They loved it. It you do have a gift.  

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 23 at 5:22 pm :
Thank you.

today at 3:26 am :
No problem.

so_joy said...
Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:07 am:
Incredible work! I enjoyed this piece very much! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!