My Ghost

And when he wakes up, he wakes up sleeping;
His lips are moving, he's hardly speaking.
But when he laughs, he always chokes;
And when he's raised, he'll rise in smoke.

And when he climbs, it's up the walls;
He stretches at least ten feet tall.
I think it's strange, he's quite amused-
That terror could become my muse.

He looks down with a spiteful boast,
"As if you've never seen a ghost,"
I have, they're known for giving love to
All of the ones it hurts the most.

And when he drives, it's through the lights;
He wont slow down, I'll hold on tight.
And in the night, my bed is ill;
I have a lot of time to kill.

And when I wake up, I wake up sleeping;
My lips are moving, I'm hardly speaking;
And when I laugh, I always choke
And when I'm scared- it's just my ghost.

crubs33This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10 at 11:18 pm:
I really really love this poem- it sounds almost like a song if thats what you were going for there... theres something beautiful and creepy in the repetition at the end

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 12 at 11:48 am :
Thanks! :)

blbbraunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 9:39 pm:
I really love the way you constructed the poem. One of my favorite poems on Teen Ink!

Feb. 10 at 10:53 pm :
Thanks, friend! :)

Anathema-EquinoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 5:46 am:
I really loved your poem. The structure is really good, and i liked the way you ended it. :-)

Feb. 10 at 1:51 pm :
Thank you!

harrykaps said...
Feb. 9 at 9:37 pm:
I really enjoyed this poem!!!  Very cool way that the structure repeated at the end!

Feb. 9 at 10:54 pm :
Thank you, so much!   I'm going to keep editing it, because I think it has the potential to have either "editor's choice" or be in print. This is probably my seventh time re-posting it here and I'm going to try again, right now!   Anyways, thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to read your stuff :)   - Kylie