destroy yourself

Hide behind a wall so high, and
Run from what might be.
Crawl before the sunlight, shining,
Reach the darkened sea.

Submerge yourself in depths too deep
To erase all the pain.
You thought you could forget it, well,
You drown under the rain.

Take and shatter and fully kill
All chance of love and joy.
This how to waste away,
And how you can destroy.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nice and i will be sure to never do that :)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
  This is hauntingly beautiful. You works is consistently rhythmical, but I loved the natural flow in this one. I think you commented on one of my poems that we have a very similar writing style, and I totally agree! Do you listen to music when you write? If not, tell me your secret! :P I generally have to have some sort of beat going on in the background to get my writing to flow right.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah I do listen to music a lot when I write, lol. We have that in common:)

Alexandrathepoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the rhyme scheme you use in your poems, it's the kind I feel reads the most naturally and poetically. I love the imagery this creates, great job!

Thank you so much! :)