A Caged Bird's Plea

It feels so real, oh could it be?
I'm just as relaxed as a caged bird is free.
I look at my confines. Bars are blocking me.
From a group of people, no more than that, a sea.
Then I finally realize, the caged bird is me.
Caged by bars of torment, as spectators pass freely.
Every bit of conscience I have tells me to flee
I'm crying, begging, over here, why can't they hear my plea
I try to plan an escape so everyone would see
They shouldn't laugh at my attempts as if I'm a lowly flea.
I'm a colored masterpiece but here I feel dirty
Instead of a bird of paradise, they make me feel measly.
Caged is a state in which no bird should be.
After all, it's said some birds are meant to be free.

Zoe-22-TurnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 22 at 6:40 pm:
i like this alot. the rhyme scheme is... alright... but what really stands out here is the symbolism. great job :)

SoulPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 16 at 5:11 pm:
asdfghjkl it's perfect!!!!!!

TARDISdriverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 16 at 5:11 pm:
I agree with the others. It's very impressive that you could keep the rhymes going. I usually give up and head over to Free Verse. Anyway, good job. Excellent writing

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 11 at 4:17 pm:
Nice work on it!  I also really like how each line rhymes with each other!

CherriePiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 12 at 4:29 pm :
Thanks- i kinda ran out of ee words lol  

DarkefyreThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 6:33 pm:
this is great!!! i like how every line rhymes, and it still works.  i love your work!