Long Have I Waited This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I went in search to find you
With a lantern in my eyes,
In temper you were standing-
Beneath the glossy Northern Lights.

I went in need to tell you,
How, my bedpost has turned ill.
I’ve stayed up, lately, searching,
For some useless time to kill.

These days I’ve been lacking,
A scheme of motives to wake up.
I need a gentle passion
To fill my hazel coffee cup.

Now, could you enlighten me
With heaven’s velvet eyes?
Please, would you weave me
Gently, into heaven’s Holy ties?

I’ve been in need to ask you,
If the night hours have an end?
Long ago, I would have,
Let the bleeding sunrise in.

Blindly, I would follow you
If only I could know,
Exactly where this, bitten,
Azure, winter wind does go.

Could we get away from
This small and ventured town?
Could we turn our backs away
And live the winter down?

Tell me, does honey flow-
From Heaven’s Holy mouth?
Tell me where it starts- and
Tell me- where’s the golden spout?

There just has to be something-
Something for me- somewhere.
Tell me; do the dreaming hours
Make it anywhere?

If they do, please tell me quick,
Light the candle with your glistened wick-
And watch it whistle in the snow-
Because, the heavens know-

I’ve traveled there.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:06 pm:
Woooow, this is amazing! It's almost chilling. Could you read my poem called "there's a story behind every hard heart"? They're both about death, lol;)

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:55 am :
Sure! I love creepy stuff :)

MarieAntoinette2012 said...
Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:10 am:
I really like it, good job. Check out some of my work?

Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:13 pm :
Absolutely!

SymbaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
BEAUTIFUL. Keep writing, you have suck talent!

SymbaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:05 pm :
such* im sorry!

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILoveYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:09 pm :
Lol! Thank you so much! :)

. said...
This is amazing. I absolutely love it. Please read,rate,and comment on my poems! Thanks!

KylieKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:09 am :
Thank you! I would if I knew your penname ;)

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm :
Sorry! I don't know why it's a period.

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is beautiful. Thank you for it.

Sept. 10, 2012 at 9:38 am :
Thank YOU! :)