Mirror Me

Cautious, opening up the door
I spot my life-long enemy.
I smile politely, then ignore
Her smiling smugly back at me.
I shake my head, she shakes hers too,
Miming me grotesquely;
I sigh, and she just mocks anew,
Mimicking my misery.
But, no. I guess I'm really not,
Not so THAT unhappy,
But her. I look at her and stop;
Finding budding sympathy.
Familiar face, familiar eyes,
Her need to always copy me.
How can I, how can I despise
My Mirror, my first wannabe?
No! I smile. After all,
To imitate is flattery!

BubbsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it! You told a story but managed to make it mysterious and able to have many interpretations at the same times. Aweeesome! xx

TheEpic95 replied...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:04 am :
Haha, thankyou. :)

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILoveYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm on an ipad so I'm not going to rant. But I thoroughly enjoyed this. It made me smile!

LoudDreamer replied...
Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:07 pm :
I am glad. That's what its for, thats why its so cheesy.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Reminds me of Sylvia Plath's "Mirror" only this one is happier.

LoudDreamer replied...
Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm :
Thankyou! Although I think Plath did a better job, better flow and better imagery, I am glad to find that it to be a little less negative. Hers seemed a little creepy to me

SuNshiNe007 said...
May 14, 2012 at 8:17 am:
I like this. Its something new:) Great job! Sorry I couldnt get to yours sooner but I've been soo busy..Keep up the great work

LoudDreamer replied...
May 19, 2012 at 6:15 pm :
Thankyou, I'm glad you like it! I wish I had found a better picture, though. Good pics aren't easy to find....

satellite23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm :
Nice! I was wondering where the poem was going, but the end brought it together nicely. At first I thought the poem had a good rhyme scheme, but you seemed to break away from that.

LoudDreamer replied...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm :
thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah. I  agree there was a problem with the scheme. But I think my problem wasn't  losing the scheme so much as that I stayed with it. I rhymed 'ee' throughout the whole thing, and it kinda became beating a dead horse halfway though. It would have been fine, I think, if I had swaped half way or else shortened it. Thanks for you feedback.

samiasaskia24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:39 pm :
I agree that the rhythm was a bit different towards the end, but I liked that, I think the rhythm doesn't always have to be the same! I am not sure if I totally got everything the poem was telling me, but I really liked it! Good job!

LoudDreamer replied...
Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:10 pm :
Thankyou. Glad you like it!

nikki1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:27 pm :
i love this poem . nice job . i give it a 5/5 too!

TheEpic95 replied...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:47 pm :
Thank you so much!