Mirror Me

Cautious, opening up the door
I spot my life-long enemy.
I smile politely, then ignore
Her smiling smugly back at me.
I shake my head, she shakes hers too,
Miming me grotesquely;
I sigh, and she just mocks anew,
Mimicking my misery.
But, no. I guess I'm really not,
Not so THAT unhappy,
But her. I look at her and stop;
Finding budding sympathy.
Familiar face, familiar eyes,
Her need to always copy me.
How can I, how can I despise
My Mirror, my first wannabe?
No! I smile. After all,
To imitate is flattery!

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this a lot! Great job!!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:33 am :
:) Thanks!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:52 pm:
this is probably my favorite poem of yours

Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:47 pm :
Thank you, Sarah, Im honored.

Chichot123 said...
May 28, 2013 at 5:02 am:
This poem is simply amazing :D. I love it :). It flows, it's deep, it's simple and it's beautiful. You are very talented write on :) 

Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm :
Thanks, Chichot. Im glad you think so.

wordnerd54 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What a clever poem! I really liked this!

Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:53 am :
Thanks. Glad you did!

YellowRose79 said...
Really enjoyed this, I've been in situations like that and this explains it really well!

Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:33 pm :
I'm glad to hear so, thanks for taking the time to comment! I enjoy hearing peoples thoughts.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:02 am:
Christi!  WOW!! That flowed awfully welll.....I Loved the rhythm! Awesome....The fun way you described how she's your enemy and then the realization,, real cooll!! Gotta go,,, classes! Talk later. LOve, Dua!

Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:26 pm :
Good luck in class! Thanks for reading my poem, Dua.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:39 pm :
HAha, Thanks! Love.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:05 am:
I really like this! the only thing is that you have a few periods where they are not supposed to be and that makes it kind of hard to read. 

Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:37 pm :
I know! I have NO CLUE how they got there.... perhaps I grabbed an unedited version when I put it up....? Who knows. But It makes me cringe to read it, I always have to take a breath and reread it again, mentally removing them to be happy...

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:29 pm :
hahah I know exactly how you feel....maybe you could edit it and then resubmit it?

Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:21 pm :
Hmm... no. it takes time for that, and though I've done it before, I only do it if I'm really happy with it.

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:19 am:
I love this this the rhyme pattern is great and its put together perfectly. 5/5

Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:05 am :
Oh, wow! Thanks!!!! I didnt think anyone would like it enouh for that rating...

Bubbs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it! You told a story but managed to make it mysterious and able to have many interpretations at the same times. Aweeesome! xx