Stolen

“Ahhh!”
I must scream
But only in my dreams does sound come out
For my was fight stolen long ago
By the man with no face
But I know his hands
They were cold
As they slid to the land of innocence
And stole it’s secrecy
In front of mine eye

“Haha!”
I must laugh
For my joy was stolen long ago
By the man with no name
But I know his tongue
It burned
Like acid
Disintegrating my hopes for society
As it made it’s way from my person to my personality

“Wahhh!”
I must cry
For my tears was stolen long ago
By the man with no soul
But I know his snake
It hurt
As it slithered
With forceful passion
Until it but down
And as the blood,
Defeated in its attempt to stay intact
Rolled over in anguish
The snake’s venom made its way to finish the deed

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The repetition here is very effective. I also liked how you used various descriptions to symbolize both what the man was doing as well as how it effected the girl. Very powerful writing!

Josika.Nav said...
May 19, 2012 at 1:21 am:
wow! very powerful. i could  feel the pain. you make repetetions work very well. you're a very talented person and don't ever let that talent go to waste. keep writing !! :D

TheWeirdPoet said...
May 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm:
This poem is very creative. The repetetion of "only in my dreams" brought interest along with the several quotes you've served that relate to the memory that you explain. Very appealing to the senses. 5 star poem right here.

girly21This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:13 am:
very powerful poem :D keep writing! its amazing!

HoldingFast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Pain. It's the emotion that delivers the best poetry. If embodied correctly it can make the reader feel it. This does that. I weep for whatever message is hidden inside this. Beautiful.

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
It’s suppose to be the thoughts, perhaps nightmare, of someone who’s virginity was stolen by a rapist (which I am not). The pain of not knowing whom that person is. The pain of having something so sacred stolen from you. 

AgentOrange789 said...
This is really powerful. I hope I'm not mistaken on what this poem means, though...I'd like to think it's about a nightmare, but if it's about something that really happened to you, then I'm truly deeply sorry for you. 

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm :
Its suppose to be from the prospective of a virgin rape victim (which  i am not). It is kind of complicated how this came to be, but this is my take on kind of the thought process that one might go through. How you have no idea who they are, but they stole something sacred from you.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how you described the thief in your nightmare--- "the man with no face, soul, name..." The stanzas are broken up perfectly.