Lonely Fires

I look up at the starry sky,
See the glow of fires.
Could it be the agony of
Lonely hearts' desires?

Because I burn, I know I burn
When feeling lost, alone.
Could they be children, be people,
Who shine, who need a home?

Is that why the earth gravitates,
Revolves around a star?
Is it some crying deity
Who fears we’ll drift too far?

And earth binds us to its sad self,
Watching us with our own,
Quakes, tembles, in horror that
We scream to be alone.

And moons are far from satisfied
Though their pulls are slightest,
I've seen how their rough, barren ‘scape
At times will burn brightest.

The Manly Moon, Motherly Earth,
Who hold us to their hearts
Know that we need to be loved
And dread the day we part.

At times when I look up at stars
I don't feel as alone,
It seems to wish and yearn for me,
And makes me feel at home.

So stars so bright, with yearning lights,
Please keep up your fires.
Because my wish from you tonight
Is comfort from your pyres.

And if my own flames can be seen
By some Galactic Child
And make him smile, then why not burn
To comfort him a while.

cassidybrooke93 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm:
This is lovely. I really enjoyed reading it. There is just something about it that is so intriguing. I liked it a lot. You're extremely talented :)

LoudDreamer replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:12 pm :
Thankyou very much, that means alot to me.

zhlen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked it, it looks like it took a LOT of time. How long did it take to get the rhyme flowing this flawlessly?

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 7:33 pm :
Um... I wrote this in about a half an hour... I looked it over several times a couple days later, but I didn't really take all that long working on it. It was really just an experiment, I had never written anything so close (I took some liberties) to the form of a traditional ballad, so I merely focused on learing to fit within the rules I had just adopted. I knew I could do something big, so I tried to make the conten good to remove the enphasis on the lines. I figured they wouldn't look as che... (more »)

JoPepper said...
That was very thoughtful I thought I was reading something by Robert Frost or some other famous poet! Not to be nit-picky but you misspelled trembled tembled. AnyWho definitely keep writing!

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm :
lol, yeah. I had at first published this anonymously, then because I felt it wasn't the best thing in the world to do and because I had some errors I took it down. I put it back up, feeling satisfied that I had fixed it, but when I read it I saw I had accientally copied the same verison and the only corrections that were there were the ones made as I submitted it. I was like "Holy cow, I just put the wrong one back up! I didn't even have the question mark on the end of the last stanza! Im an idi... (more »)

JoPepper replied...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm :
Oh wow I would of banged my head into my keyboard, yeah but whatever :)) Keep writing if there's anything else you want read/comment/rated just ask! :)

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 7:58 pm :
the thought of teaching the keyboard a leson using the awesome power of my forhead occured to me! ;)

JoPepper replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:51 pm :
LOL!!! :D That's the funniest thing I've heard all day I think!!!

JoPepper replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:59 pm :
LoL that is sooo funny!!!

TheEpic95 replied...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:07 am :
Why, thank you! I just wish i saw your comment earlier so Id remeber what was so funny :)

JoPepper replied...
Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm :
You're welcome and I don't even remember...

surreality said...
I really enjoyed reading this. I liked the meaning of it and it was very well crafted. How long have you been writing poetry for?

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 3:37 pm :
Thankyou! I am glad to hear you liked this. How long? Well, about eight years. Though it was poerty only in the sense that I was trying to express my thoughts in an artful manner and I had a few words that almost rhymed. Honestly? I didn't take is seriously or even know anything about the various rules of poetry or just what some of the elements of poerty were that made them sound good and flow smoothly till last fall. I never thought I was good, not even now really, but I'm still shocked at t... (more »)

Vanilla4Life said...
This is good! :D I like the title and the meaning of the poem ^-^ Great Job!~

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 7:01 am :
Thankyou! I find it a little hard to believe that you understand it, though, I am really bad at making things understandable...... Did you really get the meaning behind it?

Vanilla4Life replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:42 pm :
Hmm... Your right. I don't completely understand it! But I really love challenges so I will come back to read it to see what the real meaning is. Anyways this is an amazing work of art

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 10:53 am :
Lol, good luck with that. I explained it a little in my reply to Iamme11, hope that helps.

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very good 5/5 i like this poem, the rhyming and the idea....

LoudDreamer replied...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm :
hmm.... it blocked my reply. Basically, what I said thank you and that I was glad you liked the idea of it.

LilZo11 said...
one word: Woah that is so f.r.e.a.k...i.n.g.... AWSOME!!!!!! i really really love it