Man & Nature This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By , Jacobus, PA
Two pigeons danced on a tar roof,
Happy, serene, but not aloof.
In their dance, the male romances,
While the female flirts with glances.

Down in the park, beside the house,
searching for seeds was a field mouse.
Who, chancing to look up, saw them
And, blushing, turned to eat a stem.

While on an opposite rooftop
A beatnik shutterbug, a fop,
Insensible that he should not,
Lined up another perfect shot

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 6:35 am:
I like it, but I don't understand some of it. Is this a poem about how man and nature live their lives differently, but not really?

ThePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm :
That's one angle that I wrote it from. But what I mostly had in mind was the bizarre filming/photographing of animals' mating and breeding. In perspective, it's more than strange. And that thought inspired this poem. But thank you for commenting!

Batmanbabe said...
Very sweet(: I liked it!

Oct. 30, 2011 at 5:22 pm :
Thank you! I actually posted this several months ago, and my writing has really matured. My pen name for teen ink is ThePoet. Please check out some of my other poems, and thanks again for the feedback!