My Mother's Cooking

I was raised to love my mother's cooking
I savored every bite.
I surrendered to the smell of it
I marveled at the sight.

For years I ate my mother's cooking
I found myself content.
For years I read her recipes
I asked not what they meant.

Then one day I went out to eat
Yes, I went out to dine.
I did not know these recipes
I found the food was fine.

One day my mother cooked for me
I did not like the taste.
I would not eat my mother's meal
And the pot was gone to waste.

KeishaLouise15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
haha i love this one!!! :) and i have a question..........weird place to be asking i know but how do i put a picture up on a poem i typed on here with my comp., and what i mean is, how do i attach a photo with my poem??? please help me........

the_sparrowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm :
Thanks! Oh, and usually when you're submitting a poem or article, it will give you the chance to attach a pic. A box comes up with a list of options I think...Yes? haha sorry I can't be of any more help!

dontforget This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 8:11 am:
I really like this!

Osvaldo_CThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was good. It had a good meaning to it too.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great poem i liked the symbolism and the not-stupid rhyming. keep up the good work!

chocolate_kisses said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:48 pm:
I completely agree with yourADDICTION. Such a simple poem, such a profound message! Keep writing, love your stuff :)

yourADDICTION said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 6:19 pm:
ggrowing up. you realiz theres a world outside your bedroom window and the corner store there things besides your mothers cooking .growing up to explore . i love it.