Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were doomed from the beginning,
Blinded from the start,
But nothing can be done
To fool a happy heart.
With each smile and giggle,
Every embrace and every kiss,
We were shooting toward a happy ending,
And we missed.
Cinderella lost her slipper
And it was never found.
Prince Charming came too late,
Now no one’s sleeping sound.
Pillows are soaking wet,
Hopes are all lost.
No more dancing in the clouds.
Dreams have all been tossed.
The fairy-tale warmth has left us
As winter’s setting in.
The storybook reads the end,
But where should we begin?
Now your heart strives to be broken,
And you long for lonely nights
This time our ship is sinking
We’re going down without a fight.

The-Reclused-Writer said...
today at 9:10 am
Wow! This piece is so cool!

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 17 at 7:45 pm
This is so good. I loved it!!

FeltonsFireboltThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 17 at 6:37 pm
This is so good. I loved it!!

Elizabeth2001 said...
Jan. 17 at 8:50 am
This was really wonderful and i can relate. KEEP WRITING! YOU'RE AMAZING!

22mstaupThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a beautiful piece and I definitely can relate...PLEASE, KEEP WRITING!!!!

B">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2017 at 2:57 am
Wow,I love this so much and it's relateable. Beautiful writing :)

lost_and_freeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Lovely. I wish I could write like this!

Julianna.SThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2017 at 7:06 am
Great analogies! I loved your vivid descriptions

Lush Dawn said...
Sept. 29, 2017 at 11:53 am
It's truly wonderful. The ending really moved me. You made a difference to my world, I would love to do the same for you. Keep up the good work.

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 29, 2017 at 1:00 am
So amazing! I love your rhyme pattern. What inspired this poem?

HereSheIs said...
I love your natural rhymes and all the creativity in some lines

Mapletreenut said...
Mar. 7, 2017 at 12:23 am
Did you actually write this, Amanda B?

iiris said...
Well done.

EmoTheDuck said...
Nov. 26, 2016 at 8:37 am
Love it!!! So good!!!

ItsTimeToBegin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this!!!! I felt myself spiraling into sadness as I was reading this poem, but I'm also wondering about the title....is imagination also the only way to escape reality? Do we need to "make believe" hope, and then can we find it? Very thought-provoking poem.

gothicangel said...
Nov. 25, 2016 at 11:09 am
Amazeing i liked it alot its just simply amazeing

Amira9900 said...
Oct. 21, 2016 at 3:14 am
Wow, this is amazing

Edawg1 said...
Very good, you have talent,but you could have done better. Try going beyond the limit of your poetry. Your good, but your missing something. Find it and apply it.

SallyW. said...
Wow. This is so wonderful, I love it.

E.Inis said...
Amazing. Well done.