Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were doomed from the beginning,
Blinded from the start,
But nothing can be done
To fool a happy heart.
With each smile and giggle,
Every embrace and every kiss,
We were shooting toward a happy ending,
And we missed.
Cinderella lost her slipper
And it was never found.
Prince Charming came too late,
Now no one’s sleeping sound.
Pillows are soaking wet,
Hopes are all lost.
No more dancing in the clouds.
Dreams have all been tossed.
The fairy-tale warmth has left us
As winter’s setting in.
The storybook reads the end,
But where should we begin?
Now your heart strives to be broken,
And you long for lonely nights
This time our ship is sinking
We’re going down without a fight.

Lush Dawn said...
today at 11:53 am
It's truly wonderful. The ending really moved me. You made a difference to my world, I would love to do the same for you. Keep up the good work.

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:00 am
So amazing! I love your rhyme pattern. What inspired this poem?

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 7:07 pm
I love your natural rhymes and all the creativity in some lines

Mapletreenut said...
Mar. 7 at 12:23 am
Did you actually write this, Amanda B?

iiris said...
Feb. 27 at 2:49 pm
Well done.

EmoTheDuck said...
Nov. 26, 2016 at 8:37 am
Love it!!! So good!!!

ItsTimeToBeginThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this!!!! I felt myself spiraling into sadness as I was reading this poem, but I'm also wondering about the title....is imagination also the only way to escape reality? Do we need to "make believe" hope, and then can we find it? Very thought-provoking poem.

gothicangel said...
Nov. 25, 2016 at 11:09 am
Amazeing i liked it alot its just simply amazeing

Amira9900 said...
Oct. 21, 2016 at 3:14 am
Wow, this is amazing

Edawg1 said...
Very good, you have talent,but you could have done better. Try going beyond the limit of your poetry. Your good, but your missing something. Find it and apply it.

SallyW. said...
Wow. This is so wonderful, I love it.

E.Inis said...
Amazing. Well done.

Jessikern This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. The allusions are done so well. I got shivers.

LionGrace said...
This was amazing. you have such talent! this was beautiful, and told of broken things. I loved it.

Northwind89 said...
That is Amazing!

ImaginationIsImportant said...
Its an amazing poem...I love how u twist and turn fairy tale love stories to relate to yours. I also love the part where you said 'we were shooting towards a happy ending and we missed'. Its beautiful. The use of metaphors is remarkable. Please continue writing poems like this...you've got great talent :D

PoetryWriter said...
This is an amazing poem. I love the use of the metaphors and I love how you interpreted a well known classic fairytale love story, but twisted it to make it yours. I also love how some people can relate to your poem in a way. I know I can.

P.Brad said...
soooo many rhetorical devices

XOXONANI said...
Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:32 am
omg i love this!! the metaphors are great and i agree with @futurista12 . I love the part that said "we were shooting stars but we missed"

Ranile said...
Sept. 12, 2015 at 1:44 am
Dang are you Augustus cause you sure love metaphors