Make Believe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We were doomed from the beginning,
Blinded from the start,
But nothing can be done
To fool a happy heart.
With each smile and giggle,
Every embrace and every kiss,
We were shooting toward a happy ending,
And we missed.
Cinderella lost her slipper
And it was never found.
Prince Charming came too late,
Now no one’s sleeping sound.
Pillows are soaking wet,
Hopes are all lost.
No more dancing in the clouds.
Dreams have all been tossed.
The fairy-tale warmth has left us
As winter’s setting in.
The storybook reads the end,
But where should we begin?
Now your heart strives to be broken,
And you long for lonely nights
This time our ship is sinking
We’re going down without a fight.

EmoTheDuck said...
today at 8:37 am
Love it!!! So good!!!

ItsTimeToBeginThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 6:30 pm
I love this!!!! I felt myself spiraling into sadness as I was reading this poem, but I'm also wondering about the title....is imagination also the only way to escape reality? Do we need to "make believe" hope, and then can we find it? Very thought-provoking poem.

gothicangel said...
yesterday at 11:09 am
Amazeing i liked it alot its just simply amazeing

Amira9900 said...
Oct. 21 at 3:14 am
Wow, this is amazing

Edawg1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 20 at 5:28 pm
Very good, you have talent,but you could have done better. Try going beyond the limit of your poetry. Your good, but your missing something. Find it and apply it.

SallyW.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14 at 3:11 pm
Wow. This is so wonderful, I love it.

E.Inis said...
May 11 at 8:52 pm
Amazing. Well done.

JessikernThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11 at 12:31 pm
I love this poem. The allusions are done so well. I got shivers.

LionGrace said...
Mar. 6 at 12:50 pm
This was amazing. you have such talent! this was beautiful, and told of broken things. I loved it.

Northwind89 said...
Jan. 22 at 8:02 pm
That is Amazing!

ImaginationIsImportantThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Its an amazing poem...I love how u twist and turn fairy tale love stories to relate to yours. I also love the part where you said 'we were shooting towards a happy ending and we missed'. Its beautiful. The use of metaphors is remarkable. Please continue writing poems like this...you've got great talent :D

PoetryWriter said...
This is an amazing poem. I love the use of the metaphors and I love how you interpreted a well known classic fairytale love story, but twisted it to make it yours. I also love how some people can relate to your poem in a way. I know I can.

P.Brad said...
soooo many rhetorical devices

XOXONANI said...
Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:32 am
omg i love this!! the metaphors are great and i agree with @futurista12 . I love the part that said "we were shooting stars but we missed"

Ranile said...
Sept. 12, 2015 at 1:44 am
Dang are you Augustus cause you sure love metaphors

futurista12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the whole fairytale experience. I like to write poetry like that, as well. I loved the part that said we were shooting for a happy ending and we missed. This is really beautiful.

KatyainiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25, 2015 at 1:02 am
I loved the way used winter as a metaphor for sadness, loved your imagery and congrats on getting Published!!

DizzyPotato202This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 11, 2015 at 10:19 am
Oh my god this is amazing! Love it!!

Gabbyobelar said...
Wow it doesn't surprise me that this is published!

wilds said...
Feb. 26, 2015 at 7:55 am
TeenInk.com/poetry/all/article/770241/Is-it-really/ hey can you see mine. its probably not as good as yours though