No Time for Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I wish that you would go away.
Can’t you see that I am so very busy?
I cannot fall in love today.

I have no time for the sweet nothings that you say.
Your musty cologne makes me dizzy.
I wish that you would go away.

No, I do not want you to stay.
And no, you may not kiss me.
I cannot fall in love today.

I dislike your daunting disarray.
Maybe tomorrow we will see.
But today you must go away.

And no, I do not want another bouquet
Your advances are a catastrophe.
I cannot fall in love today.

My schedule I cannot disobey.
But today I am finally free.
I asked: Why are you going away?
To which you reply, “I cannot fall in love today.”

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 21 at 2:44 pm
I can't even tell you how often I can relate to this poem 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:37 am
wow this is fantastic

The_girl_at_her_desk said...
really touching......

phlogistonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great! And such sad irony. Maybe it'll work out next time. Keep on writing!

Dreamgirl95 said...
Great poem! The rhythem was fun and easygoing and made it very easy to read. Keep up the good work!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Stupendous~ A bit comical and cute, but there is some truth to this poem. It's great!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ooo, a vilanell!!! I love the topic too, very creative!

Gingersnap777 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 10:25 am
Adorable, it really is.  Great job!

irishlass317 said...
This is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! i <3 it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ktaylorxo said...
This was great! 

leahmersicano said...
I like this poem because I like the rhyme scheme through the poem and the story it tells.

nicole.ryan said...
I liked this poem a lot because it tells you that you can't push someone away until you want them because when they want you, it may not be a good time for them.

Afra- said...
Jan. 30, 2011 at 1:45 am
What a lovley peom. I love the meaning behind it <3

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this captain,and the ending is freakin awesome. I love lines 1-3,5,10,12,14 and the last stanza. do you dance.

Haha I really liked it. Keep on writing.

Shahed said...

It stopped me how most of your work if not all has been published .. I see why they chose yours now :) very very good!

CHeck out my work :)

Karamel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the voice in this ballad! It's charmingly stubborn - hasn't everyone lived this poem? :D

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this, especially the ending :)

Lyle ;) ppssh said...
May 11, 2010 at 10:18 am
love! the last part:)