Forgotten

You look at me and pass me by
As if you don’t remember.
I guess “best friends” don’t last this long,
You’ve forgotten our years together.

You are not fazed as I approach,
To you I’m just another face.
I remember the times we were never apart;
Now I wonder who took my place.

All the time together in the past,
Seems distant and far away.
The love for each other has faded now,
And there is none left for today.

Sure it was tough to say goodbye,
And turn around to start brand new.
I’ve lost my friendships with everyone,
And now I’ve lost you too.

I suppose I’ll burn the memories,
Since we’ve got nothing left to say.
You’ll become just another stranger,
As I watch our past fade away.

Nessa13 said...
May 22, 2013 at 9:32 am
This is an amazing poem! I can feel the emotion in it! It's full of sadness, and almost longing. Great job<3 This is a great poem, and I am sorry about the broken friendship /: But amazing poem came out of it<3 Keep writting, and I would love for you to check out some of my stuff and comment if you have time??

normgrl said...
Best friends...sometimes things can work out, though, right? Please say yes...

cutiepuppy said...
I love it ! IT's true how Best Friends just fade away , sometimes without any reason at all.

JustBelieve said...
 just wanted to say that this is a SUPER amazing poem and i wrote one almost just like it a while ago. you rock and keep on writting!

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:50 am
Sad. really shows the emotions. I think this is a wonderful peice and i'm sorry about your friends :| sadly, the way i relate to this is i probably cause this feeling in other friends (Without meaning to)

dreamer_believer replied...
i'm glad you were able to feel the emotion. i'm sorry to hear you can relate to this though :/ thank you for the comment!

Roisin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really love this. i think its happened to all of us, walking by an old best friend as if they were just another face in another crowd. its crazy how time can change us & tear us apart sometimes. this is very well written. good job (:

dreamer_believer replied...
thanks! i'm glad you enjoyed this :) it sucks this happens, but on a positive note, it led to a decent poem :) thanks for your comment!

Dana L. said...
I LOVE THIS POEM!!!! I have a friends just like that and it's always so sad....

Bookwormwriter replied...
aww, this was so sweet!  i loved it!  it was nice and to the point.  again, i love the rhythm and rhyming.  good job with it!