Forever Regrets

Here we stand again, my dear,
Yet you stand over there; away from my side.
Last time we stood, you held my hand.
In the past, you were my guide.

Look over here and catch my eyes,
See the anger and see the pain.
Don’t be afraid of the hurt you’ll feel;
for I’m only playing your game.

Save your breath and don’t deny it,
You remember it better than I.
Although you have tried to erase this mistake,
The memories will never die.

Don’t look at me as if you don’t remember,
There’s no way to forget our past.
I know you remember the rise and fall,
And I’m sure the heartbreak will last.

But I won’t stand here alone, my sweet,
While you think you have it together.
You’ll wish your past wasn’t haunted.
And you’ll regret your lies forever.

WritingLoverForever said...
Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:45 am
Wow, this was absolutely breathtaking. Seriously, this gave me the chills. Everything it says is so true, and memories came flooding back to me as a I read it. I love your work. You're an amazing writer. :)

BrittneyLynn said...

Love this poem!

Me and my boyfriend have been going through some rough times and this pretty much sums it up

Great job!

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:48 am
wow.. absolutely..amazing\stunning. love the flow, the word choice, the style you used.. GREAT!

Bookwormwriter said...

to any and all, who see this comment, please read, comment, and rate my work!  thanks!

i absolutley loved this one!  because i've been through the same exact thing, i know exactly how well this poem relates to the real thing.  please continue your wonderful bittersweet writing!

liveforthemoment said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 2:15 am
love it :) keep writing!

munkyman95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 10:50 am
Great poem which really conveyed emotion

ForeverknownasCheyenne said...
1st,  want to say thank you for commenting on my work. Means so much to me, so im returning the favor. This is really great, I wish i was in the mood to talk to my ex-best friend so i could show her this...because this piece that is filled with talent, shows how i feel toward her, and everything about the positions she and I are in. Thank you for writing this! Please keep doing so!

dreamer_believer replied...
i'm glad you were able to relate to my writing :) thanks soo much for your comment! check out some of my other stuff if you enjoyed it enough!

Ink4Blood said...
I was blown away! I've read all your work but this is definutly one of my favorites. You are really really talented! How you use words make your feelings known clearly. Keep writing!! I cant wait to read more! :)

dreamer_believer replied...
thank you sooo much! you have no idea how much that means :)

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
you sound really bitter like"hello my dear, i hope you suffer a terrible death, kisses!" actually its like bitter and sugary at the same time, but not bitter-sweet because the balnce dominates that one. very nice catpain. 5 stars.....captain.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2010 at 6:12 am
Wow, this is really good. It feels kind of haunted and spooky with the strained anger in the words. Fantastic job ;)

Jacee007 said...
May 26, 2010 at 11:45 am
May I say that U are truly the best writer on this site...amazing work

dreamer_believer replied...
wow! what a compliment :) i'm sooo glad to hear you enjoy my writing THAT much! it means soo much :) thank you!

RinnyG. said...
This is such a great piece!  I could totally feel your pain and anger.  nice job, 5 stars!!!

this is nice. you sound bitter in a sweet and delicious way. very nice. 5 stars captain.

HeronHero said...
This is also really amazing! Again I love the message! Beautiful job!!! <3

#1Swimmer said...
omwow. this poem touched my heart.

yeaaiitsemilyx3 said...
this poem is so true! its extremely realistic and i know, ive been through the same thing! but i can see that at the last stanza you're becoming stronger. great job! :D

found_my_dream(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:07 am
all of your poems are good XD woot!